theory11 roundtable discussion - Daniel Garcia Edition

Mar 3, 2008
Sweden
1. Did you have any magic-friend that you pracited your own created tricks on? Or did you went out on the streets and tried them out. So basicly what I'm asking is: how did you know "this is a really great trick that I've just created".

2. If you had to choose, DVD's or books?

3. When you where young who was you inspiration?

4. What's your opinion on custom made cards?

- Marcus

Sep 1, 2007
What, in your opinion, are the steps to perfecting a trick? In other words, what do you go though when you create a trick to make it unique and the best it can be?

What are the qualities a good performer (specifically magic) should have or express to be considered a good performer?

Where do you see the magic scene as a whole in 10 or 20 years?

That's it for me. Hope you guys have fun with this one and I really want to hear the answers. Ive been having a really bad day today so this will be something nice to look forward to.

Dec 3, 2007
4- Through out your life what is the best thing that happened to you in your magic carer, and what is the richest advice that you can offer us.

Mar 3, 2008
Sweden
5. Have you always wanted to be a magician?

6. When did you realised that you rocks? (blink blink) :p

7. Have you ever tought of quiting your magic career?

- Marcus

Robc

Elite Member
Dec 3, 2007
New York City
www.youtube.com
1. What did your parents think when you said you wanted to become a professional magician?

2. What advice do you have for any magician that is just beginning?

3. If you were not a magician or musician, what would you be doing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
UK
Do you actually know any martial arts?

Would you ever consider becoming an official t11 artist?

You have said that your parents really supported you as you learnt magic. What do you have to say to those who don't receive any such support?

Huruey

1) You are known as one of the most innovative minds in magic today, with many ingenious tricks. I have always wondered (an if you don't answer this, will still wonder) what is your favorite trick, out of all of them. Or, to make it easier, which do you perform the most?

Aug 31, 2007
UK
How did you first come into magic?
Who inspires you in magic today?
What are your plans for the foreseeable future?

Jun 7, 2008
question

1. How would you recommend drawing in an audience on the streets or in a public place without seeming to pushy, annoying, lame, etc.?

2. Are there any specific tricks or effects (not performers or magicians) that have influenced your magic and/or continue to influence your magic to this day?

3. In a lot of your effects, there is definatly an emphasis on intricate and/or knacky sleights. Personally, do you care more about the outcome of the effect, the mechanics behind it, or is there a balance to which you enjoy more?

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
Here's my question: Daniel I love your effects and methods, are you ever going to join the Theory11 artists Officially? If you are, can you give us a hint of what you might consider releasing first?

Aug 31, 2007
1) What made you decide to become a professional magician?

2) Out of all the effects you have created which effect are you most proud of?

Sep 1, 2007
on Theory11.
3.) Which matters more to you: (a.) if a trick is impromptu or gimmicked or (b.) the overall impact the trick to your audience?
Basically, are you willing to sacrifice the sense of purity and openness of an impromptu effect for a gimmicked, yet more impactive performance?
Or does the purity of an impromptu effect enhance the performance?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results