theory11 SNC - roundtable discussion - Tom Isaacson

PhilTheMagician

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
Q1: What was the best / worst reaction you received when you performed Prophet?

Q2: Have you ever been called out on "flashing" while performing prophet? if so, what did you say / do?

Q3: In your opinion, what would be the most amazing effect imaginable (something completely outlandish.....something that would only be achievable through REAL magic).

Oct 19, 2007
1. If you have two gigs then what are your favorite effects to preform to people?

2. When did you get interested in magic and who was it that inspired you to continue?

3.What’s the last trick you saw that fooled the crap out of you?

May 17, 2008
Has anyone offered you the money after performing prophet?

How long do you practise a day, and what do you practise such as techniques, talking infront of an audience etc?

How did you over come performing infront of an audience and get your performance style?

Sep 1, 2007
on Theory11.
Hey Tom,
I've been in love with magic for about 2 years and I've been performing for friends, family, and the occasional stranger every chance I get. I'm constantly working to improve my performance and presentation of magic.
Do you have any advice for a magician trying to get some exposure? What's the best way to get the word out and get people talking? How did you first start making a name for yourself?

Thanks,
-Matt

Sep 1, 2007
Question # 2
I found that a lot of young magicians including myself have faced a point of self-doubt. For a long period I stopped performing because I was not confident in my abilities as an entertainer. Coming from a pro, I'm sure you could give some great advice on how to overcome those feelings. How do you gain confidence in magic? Do you have any tips or advice on how not to get discouraged when performing or even practicing? Thanks,
Creep

Oct 28, 2007
after creating an effect how do you decide if you want to put it on the market or keep it to your self? because no magician really wants to give up his secrets

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 31, 2007
Submission 1:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yo Tom it's Zachmonky.
If you were forbidden from using one of the following sleights, which would it be?
A) Top Change
B) Double lift/turnover
C) Any type of pass
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope this gets aired!

1. What got ya started? What got you into it? Houdini? Copperfield? Bunnies lol?

2. Judging by your age (not that your old) id say that you started learning sleight of hand before the video revolution... What do you think of these videos replacing alot of the older books? And do you think its better now or before?

3. Worst magic moment? Worst mess up? Worst reactions? Something that went wrong? Anything having to do with something not going right lol... whats the biggest and worse thats happened to you?

Feb 24, 2008
1) What are the phases that you go through when creating a trick?
2)What was the first trick you came up with?
3) How long do you play with the idea before creating a trick.

Jun 21, 2008
Three questions for Tom

How do you feel about the way that magic/illusions have evolved over the years, from pick a card any card, disappearing silk, to things such as king rising levitation or even prophet?

What is your perspective on how magic/illusions are connected with art and drama, or how it effects who you are and what your personality is?

Oct 28, 2007
what was it like the first time you encounterd a heckler? how did you handle and what would you do differently now?

Aug 31, 2007
Submission 2
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is sort of a personal question.
If you had the choice of becoming a World Renowned, and respected Magician, OR a World Renowned Pilot, which would you choose?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jun 22, 2008
As a working professional, what tips or advice can you offer to newer magicians who are looking to book paid gigs.

Examples:
How do you get your name out there, do you post adds in the paper/craigslist?

E

elliotcarver

Alot of people won't admit that magic helps in real life: your social life, girlfriends,...
They believe magic should be kept seperate and they think it can look quite nerdy.
What are you opinions on this? Do you let magic be your life? Or don't you want it to influence the rest , and do you for example keep quiet that you do magic to your close friends?
In one question: how do you let magic affect your life?

Elliot

Jun 21, 2008
q3

Do you feel that the way you present an illusion is just as important as the illusion its self, or do you feel that you do not need any counter balance what so ever?

Sep 1, 2007
The Windy City
1) Other than Prophet, which variation, or the original, of Pat Page's Easy Money do you like best?

2) Do you think a multiple bill change is more powerful than a single bill change to a lay audience?

3) Does the denomination of the bills matter in a multiple or single bill change? Does the spectator react the same even if the denomination is lower?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results