theory11 SNC - roundtable discussion - Tom Isaacson

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
This week's Saturday Night Contest will be our third theory11 roundtable. Our first was a few week's back with Dan and Dave Buck; followed by one with Wayne Houchin shortly thereafter.

Tonight's discussion will be with theory11 artist and professional performer Tom Isaacson - creator of Prophet. Check out Tom's artist page here for his background and level of experience. Tom is the real deal - he is a performing, working, creative professional that we'll be talking with today in between two gigs. He works more events than most performers I know, and he learns from each of them.

All questions are fair game. Feel free to ask anything you wish as long as it is on topic, relevant, professional, and respectful. We'll be choosing 5-10 questions for discussion during the podcast. Questions must be submitted in response to this thread (limit 3 per member), and all questions must be in on or before 9:30pm EST.

The podcast will be recorded immediately thereafter, and will be posted in this thread on or before
11:00pm EST.

Looking forward to a great discussion tonight. Remember that all questions must be submitted by
tonight. If your question is chosen for discussion during the podcast, you'll receive a 1-on-1 video of your choice - on the house.

UPDATE :: This roundtable discussion has been posted. Listen to it now here.

Apr 28, 2008
Creating magic is something that has never come naturally to me so i'd be interested to know about the process you go through when creating effects.
Do you one day decide you're going to make an effect, decide what the effect will be then work out a method? Or is it just a more gradual process e.g. one day you think of an idea and you start messing round with various ways to achieve and it slowly evolves into the final effect.

May 6, 2008
Egypt
My Questions:

1)what got u started into magic?
2)What do u dream of achieving in the future?
3)What do u think is the best quality that a performer should have?

Nov 23, 2007
question1

what do you recommend to us on how to use our creativity to create our own effects.
how do we start?

Daniel Cuartas, 21
Medellin - Colombia

Apr 28, 2008
Here's another question I just thought of.

When performing magic do you try and get your audience to believe that what you're doing is 'real' i.e. Trying to convince them you really can do magic, have supernatural powers, are psychic etc or do you let them know it's skill based. Or perhaps not say anything and let them make their own conclusions?

Dec 3, 2007
1- Since you are a professional magician, what are the reactions of the people around you, and if celebrities too.

2- What do people think of you as a performer especially celebrities.

3- What is the most valuable thing that you own in your life in magic or out of magic.

Jan 19, 2008
I heard on the fourms that people heard on myspace of facebook that you had a card thru window...anything you can comment on about this?

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
1.Describe a situation in which you did “all the right things” and were still unsuccessful. What did you learn from the experience?

Sep 1, 2007
Question # 1
One of the biggest problems in magic is people being unoriginal. How do you distance yourself away from everyone else? How do you become someone other than your average everyday magician?

1. If someone said you could have a deck of cards or all the change in my wallet, which would you choose to perform magic with?

2. If you weren't doing magic now, what would you be doing instead?

3. For someone who as far as I know doesn't flourish much, what are your views on it? If you do flourish then what do to separate it from magic and keep it just as entertaining?

~PaCo

Nov 23, 2007
q2

He works more events than most performers I know(...) J. Bayme
how do we achieve this success? how do we jump the hobbie state onto the business one?
when and how did you know about that it was the right time for you to start getting money with magic, make magic a business?

Daniel Cuartas, 21
Medellin - Colombia

Jan 19, 2008
Do you still work on those knucle busting moves that you would never do in a performance or only stuff that you would perform for an audience?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results