Thoughts on Collateral by DM

Nov 18, 2008
CA
well yeah i see where you're coming from though. i would be pretty disappointed if they two effects had the same method too.

Oct 5, 2008
my last post really isn't to hate on d+M i loved everything he did but i think that collateral is useless the effects aren't partical soo yeah
maybe i should take a week or two to read it again and again
i hope my point of view will change

I completly agree with you, it is his worse book yet. Also it seems he wrote it very badly to, not very full with explantion. I have everything Daniel Madison has every put out and this is by far the worst.

Sep 1, 2007
I completly agree with you, it is his worse book yet. Also it seems he wrote it very badly to, not very full with explantion. I have everything Daniel Madison has every put out and this is by far the worst.

Well, in terms of use value, I think it is one of the best things I bought in 2008.

Aug 24, 2008
Greece
well as i said before i love it. I have tried most of the effects for strangers nad thay got pretty cool reactions. Also the fact that the gimmicks are very easily made and u dont need to buy extra stuff [those who own identity know what i am talking about] makes them very practical.
TRIP:: to the spectators eyes it is similar to torn but even better because of the transpo [i have performed both and trip gets better reactions but i perfrom both of them depending on angles]
DELUSION:: a great switch
VANTAGE:: although i didnt like it in the beggining it gets great reactions and is a great ACR ending
REBOUND:: an effect that leaves the audience speechless
OVERKILL:: So simple yet so effective
INFLICTION:: It is the most practical blister effect i have come across
BOXER and FAN CHANGE are also nice but i just dont see myself performing them.

what else could any1 ask for?

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
I was sent this the day it came out, though I haven't reviewed or posted my thoughts really up until now (minus the odd "it's cool" input) The thing is, that with this book of Daniel's, I wanted to take the take to learn all the material and try it out before posting my thoughts as some of the stuff taught seemed almost too good to be true.

There are a few highlights in the book which for me really stand out from a lot of the material that's out on the market at the moment. There are a few things to bear in mind when questioning whether Daniel's material is for you, but it all boils down to if you want to achieve an effect that to your spectator's is phenomenal or whether you want to just impress some magiciany types.

If you're in the latter, then this may not be the wisest purchase, but if you want simple, direct and hard hitting magic and mentalism to perform to real people, this will happily serve as your bible.

Infliction. Well, When I heard he'd come up with a cool self contained blister effect I thought, oh, that's cool, but make the gimmick and use it and you'll love it. I'm not too worried about carrying a few decks on me, and it makes a lot more sense than some of the blister stuff I've bought in the past!

I think that the big thing to consider, as mentioned before, is what did you buy the book for - I personally thought that there was some really good useful material in there, some stuff I wasn't into, but the balance was by far tipped to the positive.

Anyway, just thought I'd chime in with my thoughts on the release :p

D.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results