Thumb Cut help

Jul 17, 2011
So I bought Genesis v1, and I've been watching it. (obviously) And I'm having a lot of difficulty getting the Thumb cut down (the other cuts come a lot easier to me).

Basically, my fingers are slightly shorter than Andrei's (at least from what I can tell from watching his hands).

The main problem is that when I drop the packet onto my fingers (from my thumb), they cover my fingers (as in, my middle finger doesn't stick out for me to curl around the deck.) so I have to push the pack up and reposition my fingers to get it right (and even then, it sometimes fails).

I hope this is understandable.

So I'm just wondering if anyone can give me some advice, other than "keep practicing"...I am practicing. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrei

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Las Vegas
www.youtube.com
Hey AgentKuo,

In your case, try to have the deck much closer to the base of your thumb. Your fingers have to be almost impossibly short for your fingers to not be sticking out when the packet falls unless the deck is too far from your thumb to begin with. You'll notice it will be much more difficult to grab the packet with your thumb initially BUT this will make it much easier for your fingers to position themselves in the right place for the extension of the falling packet. Hope I understood correctly, let me know how this works for you. If you're still having trouble, make a short video of you attempting it and send it to me - I'll help with as much as I can.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results