Topit

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
I've decided to get a Topit. Apparently from what I've heard there are many designs. My question is which one is easier to work with and which one should I go with?

Thanks,
Rob

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
I would suggest David Penns at first. Because you don't need to have it installed by a seamstress (which can be very costly to have done.), also sense you are new to topits. You most likely have no idea how to describe where and how to install it. It would be like the blind leading the blind.

The other thing is that if you decide you don't like it, you won't have ruined a good dress or sports jacket.

Feb 4, 2008
I'll second that. Also He teaches some really killer routines on the DVD. Infact, most of the effects from his lecture DVD are on the Toppiting DVD. Search for "21st Century Toppit" and you should find a few sellers.

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
Will Penns toppit serve me well and last me a good while? A guy I met at a local meeting showed me his toppit and how it works and I already know I will use it. I was in awe when he showed me I mean that thing is sweet.

$50 isn't a bad price for the toppit and the DVD. You said Penns toppit doesn't need to be sewed in? If so I will probably go with this one!

Feb 4, 2008
It will last as long as a shirt will. If you decide to go with it let me know. I have a companion booklet I wrote that discusses converting it for use with a button up shirt. Be happy to pass it on if your interested.

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
I've been reading reviews on this toppit on the cafe and am reading quite a few bad things about it. Most of them say to go with the Ammar toppit and DVD

Feb 4, 2008
I never read the Cafe....even more political than most forums IMO...but Ammar's toppit is likely the best evolution of the toppit to date. I'm still waiting for him to rerelease his topiting DVD because he certainly is the athority on them. Off the top of my head, design wise, there is one key advantage to the Ammar Topit, and one key advantage to the 21st Century Toppit(can't get into details w/o exposier sorry) You will need a Tailor to install an Ammar Toppit unless you have those skills. It is not transferable whereas the 21CT is. One minute of work on any jacket and the 21CT is ready to go. The price on Ammar's Topit design is $6.00 so if you have the skills and the time to sew a bunch together and put them in various jackets then it may be the better way to go. So my personal advice for most guys is to go with 21CT for starters, you get everything you need to get started including instructions on a couple of fantastic effects. Whenever the Ammar DVD comes out(may already be back but I haven't checked in a while) it comes highly recommended and at that point you may decide to switch to the Amar style.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Pretty much what he said. The Ammar Topit DVD and design is usually the best. But being that you are starting out and you MAY find that do not like using a topit. So spending the money to have it installed and made would be a huge waste of time and money. With the David penn one, if you find you don't like using a topit. You can simply take it off without doing damage to the coat and not have to worry about it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results