Ultra Smoke vs The Gecko

Aug 17, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
I was just wondering if i should get ultra smoke off penguinmagic, or the gecko from E??!!

Also if you get ultra smoke, does it come with tricks to learn??

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 1, 2008
there is a better version of ultra smoke at E. the apps and uses for it are sold separately in the pro notes

Sep 20, 2008
Smoke hands down.

Gecko isnt as good as it looks on the Teaser. Trust me.

Plus you can have ****lots of fun with ultrasmoke. Stigmata+ultrasmoke anyone? or stained skin?

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
US2k for the win.
It has many more applications, it looks way cooler, only a few things can do the same effect. It is easy to use, easy to hide, almost angle sensitive, and can enhance everysingle trick by a notch.
The gecko, the effect although good, I find is a annoying product. They raise your hopes on something that you think is totally new and awesome, but when you get it, youre like.... "oh... this....dammit..." It is a good gimmick, but its not a new original product. There are so many gimmicks out their similiar to this that its not even funny. The only difference is this can vanish heavy and large objects, while some other products cant. Angles are a tad annoying, sound can be annoying as well.

Both products have clothes requirements. Both cost a hell load. Both can do great effects. But the US2K can be adapted to do alot more.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I was just wondering if i should get ultra smoke off penguinmagic, or the gecko from E??!!

Also if you get ultra smoke, does it come with tricks to learn??

From the questions you have asked, I would immediately and unreservedly recommend The Gecko for you.. It appears that you have completely overlooked the point of UltraSmoke, and it sounds like you have the wrong mindset for it.

UltraSmoke is not about tricks. UltraSmoke is about enhancing the tricks you have, but I don't feel like you would be able to make the most out of it.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
I'd save my money.
I have US2K and barely use it.
The set up for me is a pain. I wanted to use it when I go out to party's, but I don't want to wear the gimmick the whole night.
Not that you can't take the gimmick off, it's just annoying to perform with it on.

I heard that the Gecko wasn't all that cracked up to be either.
So I'd say save your money, or get something else for Christmas that won't be disappointing.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
No, you can take it off - it just takes a while. It's a hassle, and especially if you can't use it properly (or don't know when to use it properly, which is the single most important thing about US2k), then it's definitely not worth it. From this opinion, I would recommend the other for our post starter. A thorough understanding of the nuances of performance is required to make the best use of this - otherwise, it will only be something of an annoyance.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Yes you can take it off, but if your at a party, there would be no place to put it, unless you have a bag with you.

Before you buy it, think of a trick that would look amazing with it. If you think that 1 trick will be worth all the hassle, then go for it.
Otherwise keep on thinking.

Sep 19, 2007
Australia
I can tell you this, 90% of the tricks can be combined with US2k and make it 100 times more effective/awesome.

Even effect like Power Word: Fall CAN be combined with US2k and it'll look 100 times more stunning than the orginal. I've used US2k with every single effect i own or know how to perform, and all of em simply enhanced and brought those effects up to a higher level of awesomeness.

In my opinion, go for US2k. I hesitated, like everyone else did.. and decided to pick it up before i could change my mine about it again, and i can tell you that it's the single most well worth item i've bought since the day i learn about magic/illuisions.

P.S. i said 90% because performing Wounded or Flow with US2k just doesnt seem right ;P

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results