Unfair treatment in E's forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 10, 2007
Here is a story I want to share with you.

Mr A went inside a TV store, and asked what are the functions of a certain TV set. Mr A already has his own TV, but would like to know if the TV set from the store have more functions. He asked “What are the functions of this TV. Can it do this?” Then a group of guys just came in and beat up Mr A. The police see that there is obviously a problem and they have to solve it.

Can you guess the solution?

The solution is, the police sent Mr A to jail, for being the victim.

Doesn’t make any sense? Well it doesn’t make sense to me too. But a similar incident happened in the Ellusionist forum.

I know this might be a sensitive topic. This whole topic might just vanish into thin air. People will pretend that this thread never exist and nothing has happened.

However, I believe that this story has to be heard. People have the right to know what is truly happening.

Here’s what happened.

An E’s member hairyhaggler mentioned that he wanted to know more information about the E’s CTB before buying them. Another member Dai Hard said that he also want to know more before paying money for the effects. Nothing happened to this 2 people.

Ace85 (that is me) said that I agree with hairyhaggler and Dai Hard. I would like to know what the CTBs can accomplish before buying them. And I got bashed, when I was just echoing the concerns of the other 2 members.

Brodger post a message asking to ban me and said that I’m a “crazy nut”. Hiphopperco came in and said my CTB was an eyesore (Note that I did not even mentioned about my CTB in that thread). The chain effect follows and they just keep bashing me.

What did I do wrong there? I’m asking the same thing as hairyhaggler and Dai Hard. How come I’m the one that gets bashed?

I have no choice but to defend myself. Finally, everything is peaceful again.

But Matt, the creator of Bullet came back and started the fire again, asking me to “GET OUT”

The thread was finally closed.

A few hours later, I discovered my account was banned.

I noticed that people who posted offensive comments (like Brodgers, Irishghost, hiphopperco etc) are not banned.

I was puzzled.

Why was the victim banned?

I keep asking myself this question.

Question) Who will get banned?

a) People who post offensive comments (“crazy nuts” “JUNK!” “bite you in the butt” etc)
b) People who are victims of the offensive comments

Ans: b) The victim who did not use any offensive terms gets banned. That was fair wasn’t it?

a) People who go off topic and start arguments
b) People who try to defend themselves and try to get back to topic

Ans: b) The victim who tried to defend themselves against false accusations was banned. People who started the fire would not be banned. Of course, that was fair to the mods.

a) People who post offensive comments but support E’s product
b) People who don’t post offensive comments but is neutral about E’s product.

Ans: b) Of course we won’t ban people that support our product. They can do whatever they want. They can bash people, go off topic, and make personal attacks and false accusations. As long as they support our products, it’s ok.

I hope I can have a public apology from the Ellusionist, for the unfair treatment that I received.

To the Mods: I hope you would not close down this thread. I read the forum rules and understand that this forum believe in the freedom of speech. When we see that there is a problem, we will discuss the problem and find a solution. We don’t act like an ostrich, buried our head in the soil and pretend nothing has happened.

Something happened. And if there is no closure to this incident, the same problem will surface again.

Mr A might be in jail. But there are 100s and 1000s of other Mr As. You cannot ban them all. Banning the victim is not the way to solve problem.

Please let the discussion goes on. If possible, have a solution to this problem.

I believe in the theory11 forum.

Thank you.

Oct 10, 2007
Do you mean CIB's? And what thread give us a link cause what your saying doesn't sound like E. I'm not calling you a liar but do you have any evidence?

Yes, it's about the CTBs.

The link would not help much, as the offending posts are all deleted.

But I can swear that I'm telling the truth. I'm sure other people read the threads before the posts are deleted. There are plenty of evidence.

I cannot contact RJ or the other E's moderators. I hope they can provide me with a good answer.

Everything has pretty much been deleted so the discussion there is incomplete. There's nothing there showing you getting bashed I would take it up with RJ and I am sure it will get handled promptly. As for E I have been a long standing member of E for about 4 years and for the most part respect is present in a large portion of the threads. Unfortunately you can't stop all of the comments but we have good moderators that are good at their jobs there. In defense of E I wanted to speak out for them. NOW on the other hand! I think a certain amount of cockiness has arisen in both E and T11 forums from the previously experienced and the nooby's. I hope that we all come together and just realize its just magic and its OK to agree to disagree. I am sorry for the bashing that you say you took but as a firm representative for E we are not all like that and there are bad apples everywhere. We all have forum hecklers wanting to sound smart and picking on others to prove their point but bringing this to the attention of T11 members is not the place to do it. If I have a problem at 7-11 I don't go to circle K to complain. The only way to fix it is there. That's all I want to say and I am sure this is the beginning of an argument but I have no interest in doing so. So this is my closure to this thread.

Oct 10, 2007
At first I understand that E don't have any problems. The problems are from the bad apples. There are a few members that keep posting off topic and offensive comments.

The mods used to be doing a great job. I would ask them to delete the irrelevant posts and they will do it.

However, I think they made a mistake by banning the wrong person this time.

They are sending a wrong message to the bad apples.

Those apples will think that they can be bad and offensive, they won't get ban. The victims of our offensive posts will be the ones that will get banned.

Banning the victim will not solve the problem. The same problem will happen again in the future.

I hope the E's mods can look into this matter. I hope they can be fair and just when they are handling this issue.

Sep 25, 2007
you have provided no proof that you are a victim, ok? secondly, by putting this thread in the t11 forum you are not helping your matter of looking like a victim. Thirdly, I like the post that said the same thing as, if you have a problem with McDonald's you don't go complain to Burger King. At this point I can only assume you actually did do something to get banned and if not send RJ and email, but keep this type of pointless garbage off the forums.

Oct 10, 2007
you have provided no proof that you are a victim, ok? secondly, by putting this thread in the t11 forum you are not helping your matter of looking like a victim. Thirdly, I like the post that said the same thing as, if you have a problem with McDonald's you don't go complain to Burger King. At this point I can only assume you actually did do something to get banned and if not send RJ and email, but keep this type of pointless garbage off the forums.

There are plenty of proofs. I'm sure there are people who read the threads. I can swear that that is what really happened. If I'm not telling the truth, I will die a horrible death. It might sound crazy but it is true.

Don't make assumptions when you don't know the full story. I was banned and cannot contact RJ.

Plus a victim should not just keep quiet. They should let everyone knew what happened, so that there won't be future victims. Of course you can be selfish and just keep quiet.

I'm not complaining to "Burger King". I'm informing all the consumers and customers at "Burger King" that there is a problem with "MacDonalds". The fast food lovers have the right to know which fast food resturant have problems.

I think we should not just ignore this. We cannot hide this forever. If this probelm is not solved, similar problems will arise again.

Sep 2, 2007
Here's a tip: if you feel somebody is disrespecting you on a forum, report them immediately. Don't retaliate, don't defend yourself, don't do anything. . . just tattle. Not even kidding. If you don't hit back, you won't get taken out of the game. If your ban is not permanent, then contact RJ when you get your account back and explain what happened. If it is permanent, then welcome to the T11 forums. Try to follow the rules, and remember, if somebody is bothering you, simply report it to somebody who can do somebody about it.

Poor/overly strict moderation is the main reason I left E's forums. The members are fine, but that forum is otherwise a complete mess. There are certain people who have the mods' okay to bash people right in the face, as long as it's over the search feature or defending E. Anybody else is a doormat.

Sep 4, 2007
Whoooo,

Where to start? I guess I am going to be very open about this since Ace85/AndyAces/many other decided to drag it over here, and to MagicCafe and God knows where else.

Andy has a CIB, and it is somewhat decent. The video he uses for it needs to be re-shot as it obscures what really happens, but he says the camera is held by a spectator to give it that honest feel; well, I honestly feel he needs to get a professional video done where you can actually see the penetration. He had to tell me at exactly what point the penetration happens, but there is too much glare to tell for sure.

So, E has been working with Nick Verna and Matthew Mellow for quite a long period of time. We like Factory Sealed and Bullet...in fact we LOVE Factory Sealed and Bullet. Well, Ace85 feels like he is being slighted by the magic community and makes no bones about his feeling it is because he is a young male from Singapore. Well, the magic world is pretty much color blind when it comes to the next best effect, but you will see him constantly mention it on the magic forums over there. For him it is a matter of us being racist.

I interceded in a thread a couple of weeks ago where he just kept baiting people, post after post after post. I asked him to send me a copy of the demo video (which is what I commented on above). I really can not say much more about it since it is very hard to see the penetration.

So there is another thread started on E about the upcoming CIBs because people are excited. Ace gets on in there and starts posting belligerent posts, promoting his product (not allowed) and making post after post after post with the simple intent to get the CIB thread closed. I have received innumerable PMs from people saying this is his modus operandi on other forums until the point comes where he is banned. Approximately 69 of the last 100 posts in the CIB thread had to be deleted because he was stoking people left and right. The majority of those deleted posts belong to him.

So, he receives a 30 day ban and is encouraged in the email he receives to use the time off to come up with a new approach and philosophy. You see, we always try to give people that second, and sometimes third, chance to come back and be good contributors to the forums. It has nothing to do with people plugging our product getting away with anything while people who talk against it getting banned. It simply had to do with his poor attitude and unwillingness to change his approach after being asked to more than once.

So, the first thing he does is to get on forums, under new names, and complain about how his actions got him banned. It was not our actions, they were his. Unfortunately we are going to have make his ban permanent, so please stand by for further complaints about how he is being unfairly targeted.

I would like to make a personal, but public comment to him: You have some potential, but as long as you approach every situation with a chip on your shoulder...you will always be afraid someone is going to knock it off. You will bob and weave so much in an attempt to avoid your phantoms that the chip is going to fall off on its own...then you will shout of prejudice and racism...but there will no longer be anyone there to listen. Every forum you have started this conversation on has been quickly able to see through what you are doing. Took the members here only a few posts to get on top of it.

Sorry to take so much of you alls time, but he is doing this all over and it was time that someone who understands the situation tried to get our side of it out there.

Thanks so much,

RJ

Oct 10, 2007
First of all, Ace85, AndyAce all are my usernames. I'm using different usernames because some usernames are not avaible. It should be obvious that all the usernames belong to the same person.

You talked alot about my CTBs here. I'm not going to talk about them now. You can discuss my CTB in the product question thread.

So there is another thread started on E about the upcoming CIBs because people are excited. Ace gets on in there and starts posting belligerent posts, promoting his product (not allowed) and making post after post after post with the simple intent to get the CIB thread closed. I have received innumerable PMs from people saying this is his modus operandi on other forums until the point comes where he is banned. Approximately 69 of the last 100 posts in the CIB thread had to be deleted because he was stoking people left and right. The majority of those deleted posts belong to him.

That is NOT true. Please I did not promote my product! How many times do i have to say that?

Show the poll topic yesterday! Show people the whole thread. Show people the truth instead of making up fake stories.

I dare you to show them all the posts yesterday.

Other people posted the SAME thing that I posted. Nothing happened to them. Read my first post. I'm the only one that gets bashed and banned.

Here’s what happened.

An E’s member hairyhaggler mentioned that he wanted to know more information about the E’s CTB before buying them. Another member Dai Hard said that he also want to know more before paying money for the effects. Nothing happened to this 2 people.

Ace85 (that is me) said that I agree with hairyhaggler and Dai Hard. I would like to know what the CTBs can accomplish before buying them. And I got bashed, when I was just echoing the concerns of the other 2 members.

Brodger post a message asking to ban me and said that I’m a “crazy nut”. Hiphopperco came in and said my CTB was an eyesore (Note that I did not even mentioned about my CTB in that thread). The chain effect follows and they just keep bashing me.

What did I do wrong there? I’m asking the same thing as hairyhaggler and Dai Hard. How come I’m the one that gets bashed?

I have no choice but to defend myself. Finally, everything is peaceful again.

But Matt, the creator of Bullet came back and started the fire again, asking me to “GET OUT”

The thread was finally closed.

A few hours later, I discovered my account was banned.

I noticed that people who posted offensive comments (like Brodgers, Irishghost, hiphopperco etc) are not banned.

The above is the TRUTH.
Show people the posts.

You are twisting the whole story by making false accusations (me promoting my product etc). Show people the poll thread. Show them how I "advertise my product"

Don't try and twist the facts by showing indivdual posts that you piece together. I only mentioned my CTBs when other members mentioned them first in the E's CT thread. They would out of no where just attack my CTB. I would have to clarify certain stuff about my CTB and asked them to get back on topic.

If you dare, show people the whole poll thread.

Oct 10, 2007
Thanks for the trust y2john! =)

I can swear that that is exactly what happened. If that is not the truth, I'll die a horrible death, or any punishment you can imagine.

It is a case of online bullying, and the bullies have the E's forum mods on their sides. This would only breed more arrogant magic newbies.

That is harmful to the magic community.

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
This is getting a bit out of proportion now... Can't we have a civil discussion about what happened without trying to push forward either party's innocence?

Someone needs to review the posts properly, and that can be done surely... Forum posts aren't deleted, they're moved to a Sin Bin or Recycle Bin to be reviewed by an admin who will then take the proper action or put back if they are deemed fine.

If the above has been done, I hope you were given a warning before all this happened... Warnings first, Bans second - Standard procedure usually.

Personally I don't want to hear the "I'm innocent, I did nothing." but I'm also not a fan of "I was there I saw the whole thing - And I happen to be on the winning team so take my word for it."

Someone neutral needs to take a look at the whole situation, I'm not saying that's me, I'm not saying that's anyone here or over at E, I'm saying SOMEONE with the decency to take a look at the whole thing from a neutral perspective needs to do so.

That way neither party is happy and we all win because of it. I have to say though, I'm interested in reading the posts in which this happened:

"Ace85 (that is me) said that I agree with hairyhaggler and Dai Hard. I would like to know what the CTBs can accomplish before buying them. And I got bashed, when I was just echoing the concerns of the other 2 members."

Still, this post will probably get breezed over, but I thought I'd put my point in.

- Sean

Oct 10, 2007
I agree with you.

Show people the poll thread yesterday. Let neutral parties be the judge.

That way neither party is happy and we all win because of it. I have to say though, I'm interested in reading the posts in which this happened:

"Ace85 (that is me) said that I agree with hairyhaggler and Dai Hard. I would like to know what the CTBs can accomplish before buying them. And I got bashed, when I was just echoing the concerns of the other 2 members."

Still, this post will probably get breezed over, but I thought I'd put my point in.

Yup, show people the posts.

Sep 25, 2007
1) I would believe RJ over Ace... why? because RJ has a lot more to lose if he lies.
2) For crying out loud it's CIB NOT CTB... good grief
3) Your banned get over it, he ain't budgen'
4) At first I wasn't sure and we waited it out, now its just a pity party
5) RJ had to come over here... so there, contact him at t11 with a PM
6) This is officially stupid
7) How bout that new show phenomenon?

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Laugh....

You are not the first person on the forums to be banned and you most certainly won't be the last. This is not some special case deserving of any more attention than it is already getting from the staff at Ellusionist. Reviewed by a neutral party? Hate to break it to you but Ellusionist is a privately held company that offers their internet forums as a free service to those who can follow the rules and restrictions of those forums. If you don't like the rules or the regulations, or the way they do things you are more than free to go elsewhere.

The other 68,000+ forum members seem to be capable of following the rules. It is no surprise you will find support on these forums....

--Jim

Sep 2, 2007
Ace wasn't banned because of his behavior in one thread, this has been going on since July. Nearly every thread that he became involved with (like this one) ended up becoming a huge argument, usually closed and a lot of deleted posts.

We don't like arguments on the E forums. We try and quell them and remove them, keeping as peaceful & professional an atmosphere as possible, which is a difficult task given the youth and excitability of a lot of our member base.

There is still plenty of un-deleted Ace85 on our forums. If you all want to go ahead and form your own juries and tribunals, go ahead.

Here is a link to a search result. This is just a search showing all threads that Ace85 has posted in at Ellusionist.
http://www.elusionist.com/forums/search.php?searchid=614777

I hope this helps you divine your dramas

:) <-- wish we had these at E :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results