Ungimmicked matching cube?

May 3, 2018
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased Cube 3 by Steven Brundage, and learnt most of the material on it. I'd say the best by far is the technique that allows you to perform the bag and behind the back solve, however this is originally an idea from The Cube. While it is cool to solve a cube magically, I'm wondering what other affects there are with cubes.

The cube matching effect seems cool, but I'm not sure which one is best. Perfect square seems the cheapest, but there are other alternatives like the Venom Cube. Is there an ungimmicked cube matching effect? Are there any good ungimmicked cube tricks that aren't just solving the cube?

Any help is appreciated.

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
If you know how to perform any of the basic moves from Cube3 you should be able to do a matching effect. Rather than doing the shake move to solve it, just do the shake move to get Into your mixed match cube. The moves would be identical. The only thing that changes is the set up. You can even have your perfect match be a few moves away then if need be can magically solve the cube after that.

May 3, 2018
UPDATE: I purchased the Takamiz Usui lecture and it is really great - I would recommend it to anyone wanting to learn some cube magic. The matching effect taught is also great, and while it is not as clean as gimmicked effects (Venom Cube, Perfect Square, etc) it is still really good and I’m looking forward to using it. Its only downsides are that the cubes must be mixed behind the spectator’s back and that both cubes must be identical. Otherwise, it is a great trick.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results