Useless Invisible Decks

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
Where do you guys purchase your invisible decks (or do you make them)? Have you ever gotten a deck that's just useless?

I recently purchased two Mandolin backed decks and in both the cards are SO sticky that it's impossible to separate the cards without peeling them apart. Ruins the whole fluidity of just spreading through the cards. I've even passed these around to a few magicians who just laugh at how obnoxious these are.

Anyone else experience this and, more importantly, does anyone have a method of fixing this issue?

Jul 28, 2015
Where do you guys purchase your invisible decks (or do you make them)? Have you ever gotten a deck that's just useless?

I recently purchased two Mandolin backed decks and in both the cards are SO sticky that it's impossible to separate the cards without peeling them apart. Ruins the whole fluidity of just spreading through the cards. I've even passed these around to a few magicians who just laugh at how obnoxious these are.

Anyone else experience this and, more importantly, does anyone have a method of fixing this issue?

Theyre supposed to feel that sticky, there's a knack to separating the cards smoothly at first, just practice some more and you'll get the hang of it

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Rob:

It's not uncommon that the decks are too sticky. All you need to do is to take each pair between your thumb and first finger and rub the cards against each other. Do that for 10 seconds per pair of cards and see if it makes an improvement.

There are also some handling techniques that I use which work with decks that are a little more sticky which I'd be glad to send to you in a PM or e-mail.

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
Rob:

It's not uncommon that the decks are too sticky. All you need to do is to take each pair between your thumb and first finger and rub the cards against each other. Do that for 10 seconds per pair of cards and see if it makes an improvement.

There are also some handling techniques that I use which work with decks that are a little more sticky which I'd be glad to send to you in a PM or e-mail.

I'll do that with each pair later on today! If I'm any lighter with my touch at this point, I wouldn't be holding the cards! hah

Thank you!

CWhite

Elite Member
Jul 22, 2016
The deck I purchased is nearly impossible to move. I'll try Mr. RealityOne's idea. It's the only reason I've never used the deck. I'll let you people know if it works. Cheers!

Aug 17, 2017
I use a standard deck and sprayed the backs with matt finish. Let that dry and don't touch it for three days and it's like perfect from the start. The deck loses its stickiness over the time, but it's ok for about two or three months, depends on how often you use them. You kind of have to adapt the pressure and technique you use over the time, but for me it works great. After the finish gets too weak, just spray the cards again or take a new deck.
Costs about nothing, you can use the can for ages!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results