Vent on International Shipping Prices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeeAsher

theory11 artist
Aug 31, 2007
Eugene, Oregon
www.leeasher.com
I mean do any of you honestly think Lee Asher stays up all night taping up boxes to send to you, lol.

At one early point in my online career, I packed the boxes myself and stood in line at the post. So I really have a true appreciation for that work. While I don't stay up all night taping boxes, I have staff in place to make sure you get what you order.

Yes, LeeAsher.com has staff.

And even then, compared to for example Lee Asher's personal site, Lee's site's shipping is about 15% of D&D's shipping, and takes the same amount of time - in fact, that was the reason for a personal email I sent to Lee thanking him for that service. Simply outstanding, I was so thankful, it's a great example to other magic shops.

My staff and I are dedicated to ensuring that LeeAsher.com offers the best customer service in this industry. We don't really say it out loud or brag about it, we just do it.

So thanks goes out to those who take notice. My staff thanks you too.

Asher

Jul 15, 2008
Well... I'm not from overseas, yet I still payed approx 15$ for shipping for 6 decks...

I ordered about 13 decks from ellusionist a few months ago and it was a flat rate of 6.95

I ordered a load of other stuff from penguinmagic and it was free + free gift for orders over 50$ !! :D

*EDIT*

ZOMGZ Lee Asher just posted stuff!

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Hey guys,

I just wanted to show you guys this very handy link, it is a link to an online calculator the USPS website. Link

Now, in Sleight_of_Hand's case, he lives in Australia, and would be receiving a 3lb box (a deck is 4oz, times 12 is 48 / 16 ounces in a pound = 3lbs). The very cheapest that he could pay for his package would be First-Class Mail, International Package for $23.50.

The price for Priority Mail International Flat-Rate Box? $38.95.

And now you know,
TDA

actually... you can fit 12 decks of cards inside a large flat rate envelope for 12$ approx. ask palmer if you want... he sells cards.

How is it possible for a company to pay more of bulks of shipping over an individual going to the post office to pay and send an order? Wouldn't com[panies get a discount?

I have always dreaded shipping so when i buy regualre bikes, I go for 808cards.com since they charge the flat rate shiipping of 12$ which is included in their total costs.

http://ircalc.usps.gov/IntlMailServices.aspx?Country=10013&M=11&P=3&O=0&sd=1 - FLAT RATE.. LOOK AT THAT... THATS WHAT YOU SHOULD SEND IT THROUGH... not other types.

11.95$ - for priority

Jun 4, 2008
London
At one early point in my online career, I packed the boxes myself and stood in line at the post. So I really have a true appreciation for that work. While I don't stay up all night taping boxes, I have staff in place to make sure you get what you order.

Yes, LeeAsher.com has staff.

My staff and I are dedicated to ensuring that LeeAsher.com offers the best customer service in this industry. We don't really say it out loud or brag about it, we just do it.

So thanks goes out to those who take notice. My staff thanks you too.

Asher
lee's site is brilliant I only payed £3 international shipping from my copy of paper engine and it was here in about a week, great service!!

Sep 1, 2007
New Zealand
lee's site is brilliant I only payed £3 international shipping from my copy of paper engine and it was here in about a week, great service!!

Hah, funny you should mention that. It weas exactly the same for me, shipping was so cheap and here pretty much faster than anything I've ordered before (minus stuff from Richard Sanders). Lee Asher is the bestest, better than all the restless

Aug 31, 2007
www.the3c.info
Hey guys,

I just wanted to show you guys this very handy link, it is a link to an online calculator the USPS website. Link

Now, in Sleight_of_Hand's case, he lives in Australia, and would be receiving a 3lb box (a deck is 4oz, times 12 is 48 / 16 ounces in a pound = 3lbs). The very cheapest that he could pay for his package would be First-Class Mail, International Package for $23.50.

The price for Priority Mail International Flat-Rate Box? $38.95.

And now you know,
TDA

Wrong.

International flat rates

The envelope holds up to 14
small box up to 60
large box up to 90 decks

or you could order 28 in 2 seperate envelopes. Still cheaper than the box.

And now YOU know
Nathan Palmer

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
Hey guys,

Just wanted to chime in here. Our shipping prices are actually extremely competitive. Pricing is in line with the the exact shipping costs at USPS (all rates are pulled dynamically through their servers).

Some of you inquired as to why we don't ship our decks in envelopes. I think this is pretty obvious -- to ensure the cards are safely transported and arrive in 1 piece, as opposed to 52. It'd certainly be impossible to ship a brick in a standard envelope.

It's also important to note that our product pricing is extremely competitive. Digital Dissolve, for example, includes handcrafted coins by Jamie Schoolcraft (the best in the biz) that sell - and continue to be sold - for $75/piece from Jamie himself. Yet we priced DD at $44.95, which is inclusive of JS coins, the creative work of BJ Bueno and Steve Dusheck who spent god knows how many years working on the routine and handling, as well as an amazingly well produced DVD - shot in HD.

That said, we make every effort to offer you the lowest shipping costs possible, highly competitive product pricing, along with exceptional support and a ridiculously sexy creative team (Dana edits in a speedo).

Hope this clears up some of your questions.

Aug 31, 2007
When compared with who, exactly?

Hehe was wondering the same thing, I guess Ellusionist are about the same though. However, comparing anything with the worst examples you can find is no good, atleast in my opinion (Politicians tend to do that when making excuses for poor work).

12.95 for shipping 12 decks from penguin to norway, you even get a freebie thingy it seems :)

And i seriously fail to see what some coins and a dvd beeing cheap has to with anything in this thread (just like the freebie thingy from penguin i guess hehe).

I shop my decks from fullboatdealer on ebay though :)

Sep 2, 2007
Melb, Australia
Living in melbourne too, I have yet to order something from theory11 because the shipping is a tiny bit high and last time i checked* (like 2-3 months ago) they did not use paypal.

Being only 18, i dont have a credit card and hopefully wont need one, or else ill be in hardcore debt.
anyway
I guess its ok because theory11 has lots of resellers, and mostly it'll be cheaper buying it from there even with the shipping. Thats what ive been doing

I honestly still dont understand the reasoning behind the high cost.

I couldnt care less if my cards get delivered in a gold plated box, the cost is just crazy.

I still havnt really heard a clear cut answer by any Theory11 Staff Member as to why it costs so much?

Penguin Magic for example, offers $11 Shipping.

It arrives in the exact same packaging, with the exact same protection, and usually 1-3 weeks QUICKER.

Theory11 costs close to $30-40 for a much much lesser service.

Granted, people like Bryant are incredibly helpful. But apart from that I cannot see any reason why to spend the extra money.

I dont want to hear 'Omg you guys are awesome!' or 'Its just a buffer!' can we please have a genuine no bull answer as to why it is so expensive.

It was mentioned last time that you want to be the best when it comes to shipping. For me, and it seems many others you are the worst. So why do we need to pay so much?

I look forward to hearing a reply, though I dont expect to hear a reasonable one.

Sep 1, 2007
Some of you inquired as to why we don't ship our decks in envelopes. I think this is pretty obvious -- to ensure the cards are safely transported and arrive in 1 piece, as opposed to 52. It'd certainly be impossible to ship a brick in a standard envelope.

Actually FullBoatDealer shipped a brick of Tally Hos to me in an envelope, and charged $12 to internationally ship it to me, which isn't so much a pop at you guys but more a big up to FBD, thanks man. :p

It's also important to note that our product pricing is extremely competitive. Digital Dissolve, for example, includes handcrafted coins by Jamie Schoolcraft (the best in the biz) that sell - and continue to be sold - for $75/piece from Jamie himself. Yet we priced DD at $44.95, which is inclusive of JS coins, the creative work of BJ Bueno and Steve Dusheck who spent god knows how many years working on the routine and handling, as well as an amazingly well produced DVD - shot in HD.

I've got to agree with you there, that was an EPIC deal.

Still don't like the shipping price though. :mad:

Jul 15, 2008
Here's a good example:

penguinmagic.com: 6 decks of splitspades lions (black)
$ 35.04 + 0$ free shipping for orders under 20$

theory11.com: 6 decks of splitspades lions (black 10% off)
$37.50 + $10.66 = $48.16

So what are we paying that extra 13.12$ for? penguin ships much quicker and everything does come in a box as well.

For $ 51.01 at penguin magic, we can get:

6 splitspade lions
VDF professional Close-up mat
and I'll throw in a deck of blue bicycles for 2.60
10 card poker deal by luker jermay (free gift)
Magic Rattle Box (50$ school's out bonus)

interesting... for an extra 3 bucks, I can get that much more... competitive indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results