Vertigo from The Trilogy

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
I'm having a little trouble doing the tap on the foot, and watched the video many times. The thing is after it hits my foot I can't quite catch all the cards because they fly everywhere. I've been practicing for the past 4 days and this is the only part I can't get. I guess it would be hard to get but if anyone has tips for me I'd be more then happy.

Thanks

Erik

cardistry moderator / t11
Aug 31, 2007
Sweden
www.virtualerik.com
Make sure you hit with the inner side of the foot/ankle. This is where the foot is most flat, meaning the packet will touch more evenly. Also follow the tip as mentioned on the DVD; let the foot "go" with the packet, and follow it. This way it won't be a hard direction change for the packet, but a smooth transition.

Good luck with the move,

Erik

Sep 2, 2007
It took awhile to get this down...it does take alot of practice. if you have any friends that hackeysack..get them to help you. thats what i did. it was funny as hell. bth of us standing around in our office kicking stacks of cards around everywhere, but we eventually got it...he can even get two kicks and a stall before catching them. But thats another story. anyways, try starting off with about 5-6 cards in a packet and not spining them at first. Make sure you get the packet parallel and kick them with the flat part of your shoe. Again friends that hackeysack or play soccer will be able to help you. I hope this was helpful. Good luck. I finally got it so i know it is posible.

Don't spin them too much, but I recommend a little spin, I find it hard to do without any spin at all, maybe it's just me though. Too much spin will cause the packet to explode the second you kick it, so just spin it slowly, that was my initial error. As soon as I slowed it down I can get it a good 50% of the time after just a couple hours practice.

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
Thanks for the pointers everyone, a lot of you said that it takes a long time to get with practice, anyways I have a couple friends that are in to hackeysack and soccer so I will go ask them on monday. I guess I'll just keep trying until I get it, it is kind of driving me crazy though.

Edit: would shoes be a factor as well? I've been doing it barefoot so maybe this could be why I'm not all to sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 31, 2007
Australia
It is possible to do it with or without shoes, but I personally find it easier without shoes, other's may not.
Another tip is to try and get rid of any crimps or bends in the cards, as that helps prevent the cards from seperating.

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I hacky it off my head now. Gets wild reactions from laymen and also from the people who already know the cut. The head puts a little twist to what people already know.

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
That head but sounds awesome. Now i'm going to have to talk to some soccer players for head but lessons. Ohh I have an idea I'll ask Zidane i'm sure he'd be interested

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
That head but sounds awesome. Now i'm going to have to talk to some soccer players for head but lessons. Ohh I have an idea I'll ask Zidane i'm sure he'd be interested
Nice. I'm working on hackying it off my head, then off my foot, then then balancing it on my chest and closing with the hackied packet landing on my left hand packet with a TG Deckflip with my right hand packet to close. It's going to take lot's of practice to get that perfect.

Here's a tip: Don't close your eyes when you hacky the packet off your head... You have more accuracy that way.

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
I've actually gotten vertigo 3 or 4 times since I started this thread, I just can't get it consistently. haha your flourish sounds craazy. If you ever get it you gotta film it. It would be amazing.

Sep 4, 2007
new york
I learned vertigo yesterday and because of this thread I can get it to bounce off my foot.

The one tip that helped was, dont spin it to fast, slow spin helps. ALOT. i can get it more often now(not going to show people yet).

Thank you everyone for the tips!

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
I learned vertigo yesterday and because of this thread I can get it to bounce off my foot.

The one tip that helped was, dont spin it to fast, slow spin helps. ALOT. i can get it more often now(not going to show people yet).

Thank you everyone for the tips!

Thats awesome, I still haven't gotten in to be constant. But i'm getting there, I'm probably spinning it too fast.

Sep 1, 2007
Las Vegas
My vertigo story is weird. I played 10 card pickup for about a month and then gave up. Then a few weeks ago I decide it to try it and WHAM! I could do it, Now Im getting it consistant

Sep 4, 2007
new york
My vertigo story is weird. I played 10 card pickup for about a month and then gave up. Then a few weeks ago I decide it to try it and WHAM! I could do it, Now Im getting it consistant

Iv had stuff like that happen to me before like where you try and you try and you cant do it then you try like 2 weeks later and you got it. Hope everyone else will get this flourish down.

Thanks everyone

p.s. i like these forums better than ellusionist

Feb 10, 2008
The problem i had with this is the seperation at the beginning. If you seperate to fast the cards jumble. If you seperate too slow the drop like a bomb. Try to get that good, it will make it alot easier.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results