want a good gimmick ?

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
Are you sure? Shin's material is usually impromptu and can be done surrounded.

Only buy a book if you want to do french kiss on someone who is taller than you. Other than that books are quite useless.

Pardon my french, but you sir are an IDIOT!

Books are one of the most important tools in all of history. . . the day we no longer have power and tech it will be a book that saves humankind and as science has proved and history reveals, we will know times of such darkness again!.

When it comes to magic books give you far more information for the dollar ventured than ANYTHING ELSE outside hands-on tutoring with an accomplished veteran . . . and of the half-dozen or so such people I've been allowed to work with, every single one of them have told me to READ and to do so often.

When it comes to the Shin's material. . . I've never had reason to complain about any of it. He's a smart and resourceful kid.

Smoke Effects . . . I don't like the limitations of some but when used together they can most awesome. Catch is, I only use them when working with my Seance programs and even then, only on a very limited basis. As was said, most people over-use them and not only will that get you found out, it makes the appearance of the smoke more passe' and no long enchanting. It's like using fog on stage and the kind of fog that's used; a little bit goes a very long way.

Sep 1, 2007
Only buy a book if you want to do french kiss on someone who is taller than you. Other than that books are quite useless.

You are full of **** beyond your years, kid.

As for gimmicks, thumb tip. Can't believe Craig is the only person to bring that up. You guys disappoint me. Thumb tips are one of the most versatile gimmicks ever invented.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
I will say this. VAPR does look interesting. Though I am awaiting seeing videos of people and some other magicians over use the crap out of it. "Look I vanished your coin and a puff of smoke appeared. IT'S MAGICAL.." etc etc.

yyyyyyy

Elite Member
Apr 7, 2012
I could be wrong, but I think he was saying that the physical book itself isn't very useful as a gimmick.

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
I appreciate it's often unclear in text but I was indeed being sarcastic. William totally got it. Just having a bit of fun in what is a ridiculous thread about finding a reason to buy a gimmick. Thanks for providing me with a few laughs Craig and Streerpike.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results