Washers as coins

Mar 12, 2010
Tucson
I created a coin routine that is done with washers. It's kind of a coins across trick featuring Alvo Stockman's brain washer vanish. I think it's pretty cool, but what I want to know is what do you guys think about using washers instead of coins.

Thanks
Keenan O.

"Anyone can do a card trick, but not everyone can be a magician."

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
I created a coin routine that is done with washers. It's kind of a coins across trick featuring Alvo Stockman's brain washer vanish. I think it's pretty cool, but what I want to know is what do you guys think about using washers instead of coins.

Thanks
Keenan O.

"Anyone can do a card trick, but not everyone can be a magician."

mm...what is a washer?

sorry english it´s not my native language...just asking

Nov 3, 2009
its what you put between a screw and other materials so the screw doesnt get loose on its own.
plain-washer.jpg

May 3, 2008
I think it's a great substitution. I would have a reason to use them though. People would just wonder why you don't use coins.

Ashrei

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Arguably, people won't even bother questioning why you aren't using washer. You just have to present/state it as you are getting into the effect. I can see people just taking your statement at face value and "cool, stuff with washer."

Since you use washers, my only question is how is the edge? I presumed them to be rather slippery compared to coins, but can you intervene on that?

Mar 12, 2010
Tucson
Well, I've found them to be quite workable actually. They are a little slippery, but A good magician should be able to do a coin routine with a rough rock in my opinion, so if I can do it with something harder than coins, coins should be a snap when I pick them up again.

Sep 3, 2007
Anything that's shaped like a coin (or close) can be used for coin magic. Not that I'm great at coin magic but it just seems to make strange sense.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results