Wayne Houchin's Invisible Palm

Sep 1, 2007
Its actually in Art of Astonishment.

Search the ellusionist forums for invisible palm wayne houchin or soemthing like that. They'll give you the exact page.

Sep 1, 2007
The Invisible is sexy. Mondo Nifty Invisible Palm is just plain sex. PH is the man. If you see him, hug him.

Sep 1, 2007
The original "Invisible Palm" or "Open Travellers" was created by Larry Jennings or Ed Marlo. There has been a lot of arguement about who came up with it originally was but it sure wasn't Paul Harris and it sure wasn't Wayne Houchin.

EDIT: Not to put anyone down of course. Both WH and PH rock and I love AoA!

For all those who are interested in the roots of this trick and its many variations and handlings.

Larry Jennings created his effect and many claim that his is the best. You can find it on Jennings '67, it teaches 8 different versions by him.
You can also find it in Classic Magic by Larry Jennings.

# Mike Powers' Book, Powerful Magic
# Bill Malone on the Loose Volume 4 (DVD)
# Chris Kenner published a solid version in his book, 'The Right Stuff'. His routine is entitled, The Invisible Palm Surprise

# Bernard Bilis has a great version on his old Stars of Magic Video
# Open travellers from Alton Sharpe's Expert Card Mysteries

# There is one version called "Las Vegas Aces" at Hocus Pocus Magic
# Paul Harris's AOA 3 book has 2 nice variations in; Invisible Palm Aces and Mondo Nifty Palm Aces. (WH Version)

Hope this helped.

Cheers,

AJ

Also, Martin Nash has a really clean and efficient handling of this routine on his Very Best of Martin Nash video series, which I believe L&L put out. Volume 2, if I'm not mistaken.

On it, he calls the routine his take on "Jennings's Open Travellers," so I always assumed it was Larry's.

Pj

Feb 3, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Oh my god, I think arvindj227 just made me blind, as the color of your text ... doesn't make it easier to read, thats for sure.

-Cyrus

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results