Website creator?

Dec 6, 2010
Hey forums I want too make a website but I dont Know what website builder too use so I was wondering if any one has some suggestions it can be up too 13$ a month that will probaly be my limit.

Dec 6, 2010
Thanks reverhart your website looks really nice and it's in my price range so I'm definately considering it!

Jan 4, 2011
I don't think that creating a website on your own with a budget of $13/mo is the best idea for someone who has no experience in website construction.
I agree with this 100%. Do some research on design and coding, then work something up on a local server so you can see what your mock up is.

Though, I do like reverhart's site, except for the music. Having music automatically start on your website is almost always a terrible design idea. Having no way to turn it off or mute it after loading the page is significantly worse.

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
What are you wanting the website for? For magic? For professional Blogging?

You have a few good choices. First, there are a lot of webhosting services that fit your price range, however, the lower the price, the lower the tech support offered if you have problems, etc... I use bluehost.com which has many options in terms of email accounts, FTP, site templates and wordpress install.

Speaking of Wordpress, wordpress will be your easiest option in terms of quick creation, an infinite number of editing options and theme choice, and actually, quite professional in presentation as well. There is a learning curve involved with using wordpress, but the web is your friend and any question you have about wordpress, you will be able to find the answer online. I use wordpress for my site, http://www.ericsato.com, and sites like, http://www.hanskfroschauer.com/ use wordpress as well. However, keep in mind that not all themes are free, and that you have to pay for certain downloads. My theme and the other link use themes that cost money.

You will be able to find hundreds of free themes online though through a simple google search.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Thanks Bones. I am probably going to add the mute feature which is available in my template. I just haven't put it in their because you are actually the first one to complain about my music choice in 2 years, but you do have a valid point.

Jan 4, 2011
Thanks Bones. I am probably going to add the mute feature which is available in my template. I just haven't put it in their because you are actually the first one to complain about my music choice in 2 years, but you do have a valid point.
No no, don't get me wrong; I like the music choice. It's a cool melody. It's just a pain in the butt having to mute the whole computer if you can't or don't want to listen to it.

A scenario where the music on your website causes problems is if someone with speakers uses it at night while other folks in the household is sleeping. The blaring noise could immediately make them close out or hit the back button. Then they might not go back to the page.

So generally speaking, automatic music isn't always a good thing, unless it's very faint. And at the very least, it should be mutable on the page.

Aside from that, it's a very sleek look. I like it. ^^

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I guess I figured 9 out of 10 people would just hit the mute button on their computer instead but I see your point. I'll probably add the mute button off to the side corner or something. Thanks for the comments and feedback.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results