What are these moves?

Oct 29, 2009
Just around
Its on his head, thats all I got.

That's what I was thinking, but where would something like that be taught? I guess it doesn't really have to be taught it's so simple. I would still like to know where it is taught though, cause I'm not sure how you would put a coin on your head in front of the audience:)

Cheers

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
its a specialized toss utilizing mostly the fingers. Ive been working on it awhile and its a beast to do. It uses mostly the thumb and first two fingers in almost a snap to make it fly with a little wrist motion. Just keep practicing it and eventually it will start to work. i dont know if its taught anywhere.

Oct 29, 2009
Just around
its a specialized toss utilizing mostly the fingers. Ive been working on it awhile and its a beast to do. It uses mostly the thumb and first two fingers in almost a snap to make it fly with a little wrist motion. Just keep practicing it and eventually it will start to work. i dont know if its taught anywhere.

Okay, I was thinking it had to be more than just a toss. Thanks man, I'll practice that.

Cheers

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
www.hermitmagic.com
It's really Kainoa Harbottle's FINGERTIP MUSCLE PASS- but Ponta does it in a very lazy-looking way. Some call it the "tiddly-winks" move.

Great one coin routine.

Scott.

Oh yeah- and Gregory Wilson teaches COIN FROM HEAD on his DVDs, Gregory Wilson's IN ACTION, volume 2.

Oct 29, 2009
Just around
It's really Kainoa Harbottle's FINGERTIP MUSCLE PASS- but Ponta does it in a very lazy-looking way. Some call it the "tiddly-winks" move.

Great one coin routine.

Scott.

Oh yeah- and Gregory Wilson teaches COIN FROM HEAD on his DVDs, Gregory Wilson's IN ACTION, volume 2.

Thank you man. That's exactly what I needed to know:) Thanks!

Cheers

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY

Great one coin routine.

Scott.

dang scott, is there anything about coin magic you dont know? i think im just gonna stop posting on this forum and wait for you haha. Its basically just your forum anyways haha.

Orb

Jul 19, 2009
Sweden
Regarding the drop in the beginning of the routine, I at least interpreted it like he had it in his mouth/head, and then dropped it down to ultimately show that his hands were empty. To me that part had no to very little magic value, and I don't think it was meant to have either. Simply taking advantage of the fact that the camera wasn't showing his head.

I think you're over-reading the move, and I don't blame you since I think we all do that at times. Seeing it with the magicians eyes, you search for its potential, seeing it with audiences eyes, well at least to me, there was nothing magical to it, but proofed that there was nothing in his hands, and he was really going to do a *one*-coin routine.

Don't get me wrong though! That guy is an amazing coin magician with a unique style, though his routines has always taken a big advantage of the camera. I would love to see him perform live, and I don't doubt that he'd be great.

Oct 29, 2009
Just around
Regarding the drop in the beginning of the routine, I at least interpreted it like he had it in his mouth/head, and then dropped it down to ultimately show that his hands were empty. To me that part had no to very little magic value, and I don't think it was meant to have either. Simply taking advantage of the fact that the camera wasn't showing his head.

I think you're over-reading the move, and I don't blame you since I think we all do that at times. Seeing it with the magicians eyes, you search for its potential, seeing it with audiences eyes, well at least to me, there was nothing magical to it, but proofed that there was nothing in his hands, and he was really going to do a *one*-coin routine.

Don't get me wrong though! That guy is an amazing coin magician with a unique style, though his routines has always taken a big advantage of the camera. I would love to see him perform live, and I don't doubt that he'd be great.

Hmmm. I would disagree with you there. I think it was magical. To the audience, the coin fell out of the air. In reality, it was just on his head. You actually can do this with a live audience. Because they are looking at your hands, they won't notice it fall off your head. Personally, I think it's an awesome coin production, but I see your point.

Cheers

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results