What are you about? Why are you here?

Sep 1, 2007
I would love to be a part of your guys' dream of traveling the world and changing the world with one film.

I'm a strong believer in thinking the world needs a change.

~Beans

Sep 2, 2007
Hi my name is Raymond Adorno I live in Florida was born in Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico. I've been performing Magic for about 5 and a half years(started back in Senior year of High school). I love to practice magic and love the reactions I get when I do perform. I'm currently trying tio give myself the motivation to get out on the streets and perform for strangers(stupid jitters of mine :) I consider myself more of hobbyist more than anything, and I wouldnt mind if my magic and skills got me places in the future, only time will tell.

Hello all!

I'm Pj, a 27 year-old semi-professional magician. I make almost all my income from performing magic in Western, MA and surrounding areas, and I have been since I moved back this way from college in 2002.

My magic beginnings are very different from most in the "video age" of the art. I only went to a magic shop once from the time I was six (when I caught the bug) until I was 18. My uncle was and still is an amateur magician, so I would see tricks a lot, but he never taught me. "Go home and figure it out," he'd say. So after a while, I did.

My magic performances are split between my close-up work and my stand-up act I've been developing with a fellow magician for the past year. We perform a 90 minute act together, and it's the most fun I've ever had as a magician.

I love magic and so far it's loved me back. I am not on the boards much because I'm always working, but I do check them.

I can't wait to see where this takes us!

Pj

Hello, my name's Ivan, and I'm known as Avancer around here. I live in Mississauga, Canada (it's beside Toronto ;)) And have joined to meet people who share the same love I do for magic. I think this place will be a great learning experience and a fun way to learn about other artists and all the other stuff that comes out of being in a great community.

Nov 25, 2007
Telling you all what I'm about...

This post has been edited due to the overwhelming and gracious information provided by the awesome magic kiddos here at Theory11. Thanks again :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi I can be known as Dunstan, I am here because I feel the need of connection with a magical community so to speak. Years and dates are all just numbers to me, and frankly my dear.. I'm bad at maths.

I am currently in Sarawak which is a remote location somewhere in Malaysia (in South East Asia) and we don't get much magic shows here, and crowds here are terrible (check my blog).
So for the most part I am in the dark about magic with my only source being the internet and some rare books in libraries.

I guess i'm a jack of all Tr(sp)ades.. dabbling with everything except xcm's as there are no books on those here.. and frankly our currency does not show well in the world eyes. I will move to Perth next year so hopefully I can find a mentor there..

I actually did not know about the hype of this site and all that, and I guess I just sort of stumbled onto this place. I am interested in magic as it has everything but brings itself to seem like its nothing. It has dexterity, music, showmanship, psychology and more..

I like the idea of reality vanishing for that brief moment when one is performing..

thats it for now :) so...
regards,
Dunstan

P/s: I would love to join on the journey around the world doing the documentary :p

Aug 31, 2007
Hello everybody, my name is Harapan Santoso Ong, please call me Harapan.

I am as of today 17 years old, living in the small island of Singapore, and I have been practising and performing magic for a long time already. I bought my first magic set when I was 10. If I count that as the time I started learning magic, that would be 7 years. But I know it's much longer than that...

Most youngsters or teenagers, such as me, started only during the Blaine revolution. While this was the starting point for many, Ellusionist, Blaine, Angel and the rest came in the middle of my magic journey. This meant I experienced both the old times, where I had to rummage through library shelves to find one little magic book that teaches basic tricks, and the modern times, where people who have learnt magic for 3 months may already have more resources than me.

I think this has made me a more matured, knowledgeable magician. I am still young, the road's still long, but I know I'll reach the end one day.

My dream in magic is to make magic a professional career, and be the best in what I do. Also, I want to have a positive influence on the magic scene. Meaning, I want to help.

That's who I am.

I am here in Theory11 because I had high expectations of this community.

That's why I am here.

- harapan. magic!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results