What now

Nov 6, 2010
India
its like u showed someone a feat and it uses gimmicks or some kind of setup for u . so u dont have the gimmick or the setup and u are not ready to perform but the same guy comes with his friend next day and asks u to show the effect . what now

Aug 17, 2010
Well, you're not a trained money, so you don't have to perform on demand. No problem in saying you don't feel like performing right now.

Or maybe say "let me show you this instead..."

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
Tell them not today, or do something else. I did the I.D. about 2 weeks ago. People are CONSTANTLY asking me to do it again. Even though I have had it on me, I don't do it.

Okay. First off I'm going to fix your grammar. Because frankly, you type like an ignorant third grader using "u" instead of you. That's just being lazy. Knock it off, and type right.

it's like you showed someone a feat, and it uses gimmicks or some kind of setup for you. So you don't have the gimmick, or the setup, and you are not ready to perform; but the same guy comes with his friend next day and asks you to show the effect. What now?

Now to answer this. You simply don't perform it! You do something else, or you don't do anything at all.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
This reminds me of Daniel Garcia talking about his effect Jacob's Ladder on the Symphony DVD, he said he gets a lot of people telling him "I really want to do this effect, but I don't always have the angles...what do you do in this situation?"

His answer was simple, "I do a different trick. This trick has angle problems, if I can't be sure to cover them, I do a different trick."

If you feel compelled to please all of the people, all of the time...you're in the wrong environment. Get on stage and do magic where you don't have to control your audience or worry about angles or anything else. If you want to perform closeup magic, learn to adapt and know that you perform on your terms. Steer's blog is full of great advice, and you should read more than just the entry he posted, it'll help as much (if not more) than a lot of books you've bought-and looky there...it's free.

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
Like everyone above me has said,don't do the trick. Show them something else. This happens to me all the time,.just say, "I was going to do that but you ruined the suprise" That way, you don't seem like the bad guy. It's good to do other tricks too so they know you can do other tricks. That makes you seem more like a magician to them instead of 'That guy who can do that one cool thing'

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results