What was the first effect you learned?

May 31, 2008
I searched for a topic like this, and I couldn't find one. Forgive me it this had been posted before.

I'm just wondering, what was the first effect you learned. Mine was, "Turnover Card." Out of Mark Wilson's Little Book of Card Tricks.

Oct 5, 2008
Almada, Portugal
  1. a simple trick using simple math
  2. a trick usin somethig I discovery in the future called "The Key Card"
  3. 21 card trick

I still use the sencond trick but with way different presentation and using to my advantage in other ways

Joel

I searched for a topic like this, and I couldn't find one. Forgive me it this had been posted before.

I'm just wondering, what was the first effect you learned. Mine was, "Turnover Card." Out of Mark Wilson's Little Book of Card Tricks.
first trick i ever learned was an effect that my dad taught me, don't know its name its where you take two cards, let the spec see them, put them in the middle, and say that you are gonna bring it out in with one move....

and there you have it....the cards are thrown right out of the middle of the deck....their cards....or is it????

May 31, 2008
first trick i ever learned was an effect that my dad taught me, don't know its name its where you take two cards, let the spec see them, put them in the middle, and say that you are gonna bring it out in with one move....

and there you have it....the cards are thrown right out of the middle of the deck....their cards....or is it????

I believe that's called "Acrobatic Cards."

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
"Here then there", after a magician performed it for me in school and I wanted to be a magician.
He gave me a site and taught me a trick.
Pretty nice of him. He quit while I continued though.

Dec 1, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
I learnt that 'flower' trick my spectators are always showing me....
Y'now lay out four sets of four cards and magician's force your way down to their card?
Yea, that one.

Oct 22, 2008
ok well myy first trick i ever learned in general was umm wow long long time ago lol hmm i think i forget what its kalled but it was the basic on where you make three rows each consisting like 10 cards and a couple times you ask them to think of one yadayada than by the end they keep choosing which pile they want to eliminate and eventually they eliminate up till one card which is there's.. im sure u guys know which one this is? :confused:

Anyway but the trick that actually got me into magic was in umm choir class (Not my favorite class lol) but a magician in my grade came up to me with his group of friends and did the 2 card monte, ever since than i was hooked. So it's not the basic story of "I saw david blaine or Copperfield on TV!" lol

-Jake

May 26, 2009
I don't know the name of the trick i first learned but it was very close to Influence by Daniel Madison

Ive got a good one. The first magic trick I ever learned, was one I reverse engineered at the age 4. I saw Bozo the clown on tv when I was very little. I loved that show. I saw him give two kids the opposite ends of a rope, and stuck the middle down his pants. When they pulled the rope tightened, and the rope came out with his boxers attached. I thought about it for days, figured it out (I was so proud of myself) and was so excited that I had to show it off at the Fourth of July family cookout. I hid that extra pair of ninja turtle underwear and rope in my pants all day. God knows where I found rope at the age of six. Performed it for my aunt and uncle, and the whole family got the biggest kick out of it ever. I performed it again and again, with some obvious reset, and I have been chasing the reactions ever since.
We have it on film somewhere, my family still talks about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Haha I still use 'turnover card' sometimes too, that little book has some good material in it.

I want to say my first trick was where spec takes card, slides it back in and poof! it's reversed. I think 'poof!' was my selected magical phrase anyway. I do a similar effect now...only I use sleight of hand now.

-Rik

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results