What's the Greatest Gimmicked Trick Ever?

Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
I'd have to agree with everyone saying the invisible deck. So simple it allows you to focus solely on the presentation...gotta love it.
I also like thread/loop work. Haunted so-and-so, floating this-and-that, you know the drill.
I would also kick myself if I didn't mention the Nail Writer. Such an awesome classic prop that hits audiences just as hard these days as it did 70 years ago.

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
The first thing that immediately popped into my head when I read the question was (dare I say it?) The Invisible Deck!
After thinking about it, Derren Brown's Smoke did also spring to mind. You gotta love it.

EDIT: I know you said gimmicked tricks but I have to say that gimmicks have a tendency to be made purely for the visual aspect (though not all the time). From the sound of it, what you want is something with a build up that'll blow them away and leave them talking about it for ages. Can I recommend Sybil the Trick? This is an amazing ungimmicked trick that seems so impossible in every way and has so many elements that it's nearly a routine by itself. Just adding an opinion there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results