When did Magic Become a Part of You?

After watching David Blaines Street Magic special. --it was then I realized that no matter how unenthusiastically you performed magic, you could still get a TV special.

Okay. Seriously? The very second I learned magic, after buying the instructional video for This'n'that. Evey day since that one has been MAGICAL!

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
There have been 4 major points in my life that got me into magic:

1. A beginners magic kit when I was 5 or so.
2. The Masked Magician specials on FOX.
3. David Blaine's street specials.
4. Being bored in Florida on summer vacation, and having nothing better to do.

Aug 31, 2007
www.myspace.com
hey mitchell! great thread man!

i only came onto magic within the past few months...im still kinda bad but im trying :D

after school one day my friend johnny was doing card tricks for us. he was using black tigers and they were tight :p.i thought it was the coolest thing i ever seenn in my LIFEE so i looked into ellusionist and a few inches and 5 or 6 months later, here i am.

:D

haaa...yeah.-Gears.

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
When I was around the age of seven I turned on the ol' television and guess what was on...The Worlds Greatest Magic III. I always wanted to learn after that, and that's when I realized that magic had manifested itself within me. It's only been recently that I've been able to do what I've always wanted to do.

Shane K.

Sep 4, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
My life in magic came when I saw a magician on tv ( I don't remember if it was David Blaine or Criss Angel). I wanted to know how he didi this trick, so I went online & googled magic tricks. Ellusionist came up, so I looked and a week later I bought CC1. I have been hooked on card magic since.

When I was 9 or 10 (4 years ago) I was watching the David Blaine specials on TV and thought that was so cool, yet I didn't even get into magic I just thought that was amazing, A year or 2 later I bought this magic box set which looked really neat except I never got around to using it since I didn't really understand, then finally about 6 months ago during the last month of school my friend brought a deck of cards to school and did a magic trick to me (I had already picked up 1 or 2 just by looking on youtube and such) and so I showed him mine. Then for the last month we would show eachother tricks, then we went on Summer Vacation and I stuck with it and kept learning and learning, which resulted in hundreds of dollars being spent (about 300 or so up to this point) on all of my stuff and I'm very content with what I have. I never perform anything without being completely satisfied myself since, I'm my biggest critic. I'm very critical about my magic and when I perform it, I have to be in the mood because my friends have seen my stuff and beg me to do it. Looking back on it, it seems magic has always been with me just not the main focal point in my life, unlike now. Magic has helped me a lot with being comfortable no matter what happens since if you make a mistake you just say you did and act like you don't care, and it helps with drama and also presentations in front of peers. I've learned to be way more confident in myself and don't care about how people judge me. Whoa, I got off topic but anywho that is my origin of me starting magic.

-RA69

... back when dinosaurs roamed the black-n-white earth :rolleyes: , they actually had a Cub Scout elective badge for magic in my Bear manual, so I gave it a shot and checked out a "Scarne On Cards" book plus some Milbourne Christopher stuff from the local library and practiced every day in front of my bathroom mirror... paddles and svengali decks and colorchanging knives, I remember the first set of cheapo linking rings I bought and how they shed chrome flakes onto my hands as I cracked them together over and over again..

... I recall that one pivotal point in my childhood, some pop magician named Mark Wilson had a short-lived variety show on evening TV and once he invited some old guy I'd never heard of before named Dai Vernon who came out and performed a cups and balls routine which totally freaked me out... later that year, a spaced-out rainbowed hippie dude named Doug Henning kept showing up on Carson latenight and the Muppets doing weird stuff with lights and animals and tiedye silks that beat Kreskin's mentalism act to pieces... I watched his stuff intently and then one day a voice inside me said "I bet I can do that too..."

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results