When layman ask you to teach him a trick...

Jul 25, 2009
I usually teach this unique trick, i'm not sure of the name, but it takes preparation:

You take certain cards out of the deck with a clear "direction" and these include:

3's, 5's, 6's, 7's, 8's, 9's and aces. No diamonds, but all other pips have a clear "direction".

You point all their directions one way. Spectator chooses a card. when you go to hand them the deck to put their card in, you point your thumb and pointer in towards your body as you grab the portion of the deck closest to them (the top portion) and in one smooth motion simply reverse the deck, therefore their card goes in the opposite way the other pips of the other cards are facing.

They can shuffle, and you simply look through and find their card. I've done it a hundred times. Whats great is that it isn't a trick that gives other tricks away, and it WILL satisfy laymen.

EDIT: To me, if the laymen want to perform now, you've clearly done your job as a performer. That is the epitome of a spectator being interested. Not only were they amazed, but they actually are willing to take more time to possess the skills that you clearly have.

My dad that taught me that one when I was about 5. I did it when ever I could...Then I got bored with it.

When ever a spectator ask to teach them I teach them some really easy, requires no sleights trick because if you reveal a sleight you could give them enough knowledge to figue out another trick of yours like "here then there" the whole trick is just a DL. If they say "well I wanna know someting better" I'll them a brief overview (just show them what it looks like) of the pass and then run away before they ask for more...they'll never get good at with just an overview :D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results