Where to start

Maxcode

Elite Member
Jan 27, 2015
Hello I'm a begginer in cardistry I've been doing magic for a couple of years but Im trying to learn cardistry where do I start to learn

Nov 9, 2013
If you want something free, go with what Christopher said for sure (and www.thevirts.com).
If you are willing to pay then Genesis is the best thing that you could buy.

Maxcode

Elite Member
Jan 27, 2015
I would honestly start by doing a few things:

1). Look in the Wire and check out as many free tutorials to see if something catches your eye

2) check out School of Cardistry for basic beginner things
Thank you I know three basic flourishes Charlie cut long distance spinner and the worm thank you and Ill definitely going g to school of cardistry YouTube channel

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
Thank you I know three basic flourishes Charlie cut long distance spinner and the worm thank you and Ill definitely going g to school of cardistry YouTube channel

No problem. Andrei Jihk's 'Genesis' is also a good starting point as well if you're starting, especially since his way of teaching is superb. I only put down the free stuff just so you can see and get an idea of what flourishes you'd like to do.

Window shopping!

The only problem with window shopping, which is what I've been doing since I stared last year because I have a rather tight budget overall, is that you may miss some basic moves and then not really have a solid foundation to work off of. That's where Genesis comes in. Either that or go in the Cardistry subreddit and go from there.

There's pros and cons in either direction. Mine was budget and a focus on magic at the time. You may have different limitations.

The path you take in Cardistry isn't exactly...linear.
There is a severe lack in literature and theory and direction if you compare Cardistry and magic side by side. Cardistry is mostly word of mouth as to what the best direction is. I mean, I've been in for a year and I am still learning basic cuts (namely Thumb Cut, Flicker, and Scissor cuts) because I didn't have a clear path of the basics. I basically jumped in and said, 'if it's tough, bring it on!'

Best suggestion is to do as much research as you can before you make purchases, use the search bar, ask questions. Don't be afraid to ask for help, advice, and particular flourishes you're looking for (because you don't know what you don't know).

I ope this helps in some capacity. Welcome to Cardistry.

If it's your first time here, you have to fight.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results