Why Women Are Attracted To Magic

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
So this was a topic my girlfriend and I got on later this afternoon and it got me wondering, why are women attracted to magic?

There are certainly some exceptions where magic isn't considered attractive and is more "geeky" but in the general scheme of things women do seem to be attracted to magic.
The only thing I could really come up with is magic tends to bring the confidence out in men and women typically like confident men, but that's pretty much the only thing I could come up with; that and the fact we are doing something that the typical person can't seem to do. My girlfriend thinks it's a bit silly to think girls are attracted to magic and actually thinks it's unattractive(hahhaha even though that's how I got her to like me in the first place, figure that out haha)

Anyways, what are ya'lls ideas on this?

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
Yes, you're correct, the list goes like this:

-confidence
-humor (if you use it while performing)
-uniqueness
-talent
-skill
-dedication
-effort
-charm
-mystery

Those are all the attributes that magic shows. There are more, but these are the main ones off the top of my head.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
So this was a topic my girlfriend and I got on later this afternoon and it got me wondering, why are women attracted to magic?

There are certainly some exceptions where magic isn't considered attractive and is more "geeky" but in the general scheme of things women do seem to be attracted to magic.
The only thing I could really come up with is magic tends to bring the confidence out in men and women typically like confident men, but that's pretty much the only thing I could come up with; that and the fact we are doing something that the typical person can't seem to do. My girlfriend thinks it's a bit silly to think girls are attracted to magic and actually thinks it's unattractive(hahhaha even though that's how I got her to like me in the first place, figure that out haha)

Anyways, what are ya'lls ideas on this?

Look up the term, "Display of Higher Value"

Apr 1, 2009
California
It really all depends. Any time a man hides behind a skill or a talent or whatever as a mask, he isn't attractive to the woman. Whether it be magic, music, dance, or clay sculpting. It's who you are that makes you attractive and no amount of skill with a deck of cards will make you more attractive if you don't already have some ounce of attractiveness in you. When you perform you should always use your art as a reflection of yourself. After all... can you really entertain if you aren't entertaining between effects?

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
I hate every time this topic comes up, yes magic have a few proven traits which women find attractive but it it's only for a moment.

If you want to really impress a female with something within, the magic community learn to read palms.

Women like experiences and by being unique (magician) will go a long way.

I was a bouncer at a very popular nightclub in my home state back in the US for about six years. I made the observation that the majority of women find a male attractive who has just the right combination of cocky/humor.

I don't mean cocky as in arrogant, but someone with a little swagger...mixed with some off-beat humor.

It's like walking up to a woman and saying, "So, what would you like for breakfast in the morning?"

It's cocky, yet...funny. And while this may not score you a date, it's a good way to break the ice

A great way of getting a woman's Cellphone number/E-mail/Facebook etc.....is by doing a few card effects and for your last one do an Ambitious Card routine in which the final reveal is where you've turned their card into a blank faced one with:

Name:
Cellphone:
E-mail: (or Facebook)

That you wrote across the face with a Sharpie earlier in the day. Keep a few of these prepared blanks in your pocket and the Sharpie...and there you go.

To add a little humor when their card changes into the prepared blank, you can look perplexed...and pat around your pockets like you're looking for their card, but instead pull out the Sharpie, smile and give a little shrug as you hand them the marker.

Alternatively, force a card at the beginning of the effect (let's say the 3 of clubs) have a duplicate folded in your pocket that's attached to the Sharpie's pocket clip, then again, act perplexed at the prepared blank...reach in, grab the dup/marker...reveal the card, uncap the marker and voilà!

It has that swagger/humor quality that women really seem to respond positively to.

- Steve

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
A lot of you are exactly correct. I'm probably one of the older members here at (34) but have been through the whole dating phase, college life, married for 11 years and still chat with the female coworkers at work. Okay that last part doesn't sound good but when you are a male elementary teacher there are a lot more women teachers at your building than guys so hear all the gossip.

Confidence, Humor, and Physical Attractiveness are the 3 major things females look for in guys

Most magicians come off as being "geeky" however, if you are a good looking guy who works out, stays in shape, dresses nice, has a funny sense of humor and the confidence....you have a good thing going for you.

A lot of it is how you "carry" yourself when you are out in about and in social situations.

Another member here brought up that you are providing a "unique" experience for them that not many other guys (if any that they know) can do. This is true fun and exciting for them. On a caution note: DO NOT smother a potential date or girl with magic daily. It gets old and has the reverse effect. Ha Ha.

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
I have actually posted this question on my facebook profile, and here is an interesting post by one of my girl friends:
"Women are curious and magic is mysterious. So it's very attracting :) "

Apr 1, 2009
California
from much discussion with my peers... we've concluded that if you really want to attract a woman... you need a couple things... A guitar case (just the case alone is necessary) and a cast for your dominate hand. Carry the case around and walk with a pout. you'll look like a vulnerable artist that is quite sensitive. they most likely won't ask you to play because of your hand condition... and if they do, show them your hand. if you can afford it, buy a guitar to go in the case. keep the cast on. If you are asked to play. explain the cast once again. Take the guitar out and explain to them you will do just the fingering on the fret for them. and go about with your left hand on the guitar neck, changing positions with your fingers as if you're talented.

If your guitar is in open D instead of Standard tuning, you could strum the strings as a whole or individually with your tongue (hubba hubba), and sound kinda good. I bet it would work on girls named Bertha...

- Steve

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results