Worst reaction you have gotten?

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Actually...this past weekend I was performing "Plastic Lady", and a kid blurted out,
Kid: "Oh I know how you did that"
Me: "Are you a magician?"
Kid: "Yes"
Me: "Ok...then tell me how I did that."
Kid: "Magicians NEVER reveal their secrets".
Me: "But I'm a magician"
Kid: "Magicians NEVER reveal their secrets".
Me: "BUT I'M A MAGICIAN...AND I JUST DID THE TRICK".
Kid: "MAGICIANS NEVER REVEAL THEIR SECRETS".

I almost sprung my deck of cards right at the kids face......it was his complete STUPIDNESS that pissed me off, not the fact that he was heckling me.

Dude, calm down... MAGICIANS NEVER REVEAL THEIR SECRETS!:D
Well at least he didn't give you some weird, ridiculous explanation. Although you could have said, "I know you are, but what am I?" - it doesn't make sense so it catches them off guard. Keep on saying that and you'll be fine (they'll think you're crazy but at least you can laugh about it later).

One time I did an awesome routine of card flourishes and this girl told me to do a trick....I explained to her that I don't do "tricks" so she said oh then show me some magic....at this point (being a card manipulator not a magician im getting pretty ticked off) I told her "okay I need you to put your purse down so we can use your hands"....I asked her for a pen and I started to write on the card....I told her to close her eyes and hold out her hands straight in front of her....I put the card that I wrote on in her hands and told her to walk 10 paces straight forward and then spin 3 times.....so she went and did it......when she opened her eyes the card she was holding said "heres my trick bit.ch"
I was gone and so was her purse!
HAHAHAHlLOLOL:D

That was the worst reaction ive ever gotten....well...I wasn't there to see it but I can only imagine:D

Andrei

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Las Vegas
www.youtube.com
That's so hilarious ^HCX hahahaha, that's really messed up man, I think your copying your attitude too much like a certain someone. It's cool though, I used to be the same way...in which case this is my little story:

I was doing a birdy fan for a magician in a magic shop and for unknowingly stealing his show, he knocked the fan down as hard as he could, the cards went fluttering to the ground...I looked at him like..........:mad:.............I picked up a card
and threw it at his face and got him between the eyes......I was then kicked out of the shop by security...........however I was pretty :D....and being that I was 14 at the time, I could have cared less.

On the magic side...

Worst reaction: ......I was performing at the magic shop (yep same one I was kicked out of years ago....only this time I actually worked there haha) and some drunk @ss people came in to watch some MAGIX and I accidently stumbled on a sleight and exposed it...the reaction from them was : "WTF!! You think you coulda fooled me *hiccup* with that one!? F*CK!" Ahh...gotta love Vegas.

I know there have been plenty more experiences from both the Cardistry and Magic sides but.....I still have yet to remember them. That's it for now.

-Andrei Jikh

Sep 30, 2007
I was promoting mike super's show at my campus and a couple of elderly ladies walked by and I asked them if they wanted to see some magic. They said "No! we are in a hurry. We want to eat!" Trust me, it wouldnt have hurt them to skip one meal haha

May 6, 2008
Egypt
This guy once asked me to show him some magic, so i made him pick a card and i did some flourishes and cuts then did hot shot cut & revealed his card, the guy told me " thats easy"!!!!!!!!:mad:, i told him why dont u show me , he took the deck and couldnt even catch it properly and dropped half the deck:mad: and just left the place.

I always have bad experiences performing for kids, here is one for a cousin!

Kid: Do a trick with your cards.
Me: OK. *show top card, do color change, a classic change with a palm*.
Kid: *silence*
Me: How did that look?
Kid: What?
Me: Did you see anything?
Kid: Yeah, you're holding a deck.
Me: Watch *doing the change again*, how did that look?
Kid: What looked?
Me: Didn't you see the card change?
Kid: Oh, yeah nice.
Me: You liked it?
Kid: Liked what?
Me: The trick.
Kid: You did a trick?
Me: .............................. yeah?
Kid: Do it again I missed it.
Me: ....................... OK*doing the change again*
Kid: *silence*
Me: Did you like it?
Kid: Like what?
Me: The trick.
Kid: You did a trick?
Me: Watch this card, *doing the change* See? the darn card changed!
Kid: What card?
Me: The top one.
Kid: Oh yeah, nice.
Me: Glad you like it. Another one?
Kid: Another what?
Me: Trick.
Kid: You didn't do a trick.
Me: I did, when the card changed.
Kid: Oh yeah, it was nice.
Me: So, wanna see another one?
Kid: Yeah. Change it again.
Me: I meant another trick all together.
Kid: No, I want an "A" ( he means an ace )
Me: You may like the another trick better.
Kid: OK.
Me: *Double lift, then turnover, deal it to table, his hand goes on it, and it changes, I worked it out to make it an ace of spades*
Kid: Hey, thats not the ace I wanted.
Me: What Ace did you want?
Kid: The black one.
Me: The clubs or spades?
Kid: Huh?
Me: The tree one or the one looks like a heart?
Kid: The one looks like a heart.
Me: Well thats the one you'er holding.
Kid: Wait wait, sorry I got confused, I want the hearts one, the red one.
Me: **** off.

Cheers,

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
That's so hilarious ^HCX hahahaha, that's really messed up man, I think your copying your attitude too much like a certain someone. It's cool though, I used to be the same way...in which case this is my little story:

I was doing a birdy fan for a magician in a magic shop and for unknowingly stealing his show, he knocked the fan down as hard as he could, the cards went fluttering to the ground...I looked at him like..........:mad:.............I picked up a card
and threw it at his face and got him between the eyes......I was then kicked out of the shop by security...........however I was pretty :D....and being that I was 14 at the time, I could have cared less.

On the magic side...

Worst reaction: ......I was performing at the magic shop (yep same one I was kicked out of years ago....only this time I actually worked there haha) and some drunk @ss people came in to watch some MAGIX and I accidently stumbled on a sleight and exposed it...the reaction from them was : "WTF!! You think you coulda fooled me *hiccup* with that one!? F*CK!" Ahh...gotta love Vegas.

I know there have been plenty more experiences from both the Cardistry and Magic sides but.....I still have yet to remember them. That's it for now.

-Andrei Jikh
hahahaahha this one hilarious andrei hahhhahahha I cant stop laughing... xD

Sep 1, 2007
on Theory11.
I haven't really had a whole lot of "suckish" reactions mostly because I choose my spectators VERY carefully. Although the worst so far (that I can remember) is just a "Wait...*puzzled expression* I don't get it..." right after a simple two card transpo.

I think bad reactions are the result of either a bad (sloppy or exposed) performance, or a performance that just didn't relate to the spectator or just came at a bad time.

Just my thoughts...

D

Deleted member 2755

"Wait.... I don't get it." I did Four from Aaron Fisher. Luckily though, I was ready to do Panic and after I spread the deck my friend goes "You know what would be cool? If you make that turn into the 4 kings" Since this was for a small crowd, I knew that would end well. :) It did. ;) However, one of the people didn't understand I was making the 4 kings appear. =P

-Doug

Nov 19, 2007
MD
One time I did an awesome routine of card flourishes and this girl told me to do a trick....I explained to her that I don't do "tricks" so she said oh then show me some magic....at this point (being a card manipulator not a magician im getting pretty ticked off) I told her "okay I need you to put your purse down so we can use your hands"....I asked her for a pen and I started to write on the card....I told her to close her eyes and hold out her hands straight in front of her....I put the card that I wrote on in her hands and told her to walk 10 paces straight forward and then spin 3 times.....so she went and did it......when she opened her eyes the card she was holding said "heres my trick bit.ch"
I was gone and so was her purse!
HAHAHAHlLOLOL:D

That was the worst reaction ive ever gotten....well...I wasn't there to see it but I can only imagine:D

Wow, you are so cool.

Jul 15, 2008
I got punched once. I was showing some guy some color changes (twirl change, erdnase, cardini, winter change) and then finally I said: well this was all an illusion, your card is right here (shapeshifter). (PUNCH)

He got me in the cheekbone... and I think it hurt him more than it hurt me...

Oct 21, 2007
www.hi5.com
I was at a mall, and was performing Kaos, so after the woman picked her card card and put it back, I went to a window, pulled her card through the window. I revealed her card, and she stood there looking at me and all of a sudden said, "Oh was I supposed to remember what the card was?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results