Worst thing that happened during a performance?

Jun 24, 2008
Harrisonburg, VA
So how did that turn out dude??? What did you say when an ambulance showed up?

Actually due to the cashiers "description" they thought it was a practical joke - I was in the background screaming "No, don't call 911 I'm fine.. I swear nothing is wrong"

They sent a squad car to check out the report and I had to explain to him that it was simply a magic effect that I had performed which got out of hand. He actually thought it was hilarious but said I should be more careful next time before performing it.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Actually due to the cashiers "description" they thought it was a practical joke - I was in the background screaming "No, don't call 911 I'm fine.. I swear nothing is wrong"

They sent a squad car to check out the report and I had to explain to him that it was simply a magic effect that I had performed which got out of hand. He actually thought it was hilarious but said I should be more careful next time before performing it.

Lol, that's great!
Ok, you win.

Oct 31, 2007
Connecticut
About two years ago I was performing for a small group of about five. My entire routine went over great except for the last effect, Kaos. I had the spectator put their card in the deck and I was going to shuffle the cards but during the shuffle I actually lost the card in the deck but here is the kicker... I didn't know that I really lost the card. I thought everything was fine, until the reveal. I pulled the card through the window and asked the girl to name her card and she named the nine of clubs. The card I was holding in my hand was the nine of... SPADES. Of course I was embarassed but they were all still impressed. Goes to show that a simple shuffle can cause so much Kaos. :)

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
My friend (who's on this forum, if you see this dude... LOL) screwed up Invisible Deck (I know, I know...) a little while ago. Presented it beautifully. Built it up. Grabbed his Invisible Deck... And dropped the entire thing in a puddle of water. We lol'd.

Oh my god that was so friggin' funny. So much build up. I was going to save it by placing his selected card somewhere Angle Zero style but he was a nice guy and wasn't going to bust us for it. At first, when we saw the deck fall, our hearts sank. It fell on the ground near a puddle and a few card went in and everything spread out so if you have an Invisible deck you know what it looks like. Luckily the context covered it up. I still remember cleaning the dirt off the nine of spades for him. Now he has to make another. We showed magic to his girlfriend later on and no one messed up. He offered us some advertising too so that was cool...

Okay, enough with the success story, here's the phail:

...well not much of a phail - I just didn't find their card, that's it. ANTI-CLIMAX.

Dec 23, 2007
Florida :[
i was preforming an effect with 2 10 of diamonds. I told them to write what there card was on paper, inside the pen was there card, so then they wanted to search the deck, i was supposed to gamblers cop there card in my pocket, but instead of controlling it to the bottom of the deck to cop it, i sent it to the top. So in the deck they found the duplicate :[

Nov 16, 2008
In the not to distant future
I've had an elastic break and hit someone in the eye. A friend did coin through glass and accidentaly broke the window. I was doing some fire magic and I burnt someone's face off. Ok that was a lie but it would have been an awesome story.

Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
My friend (who's on this forum, if you see this dude... LOL) screwed up Invisible Deck (I know, I know...) a little while ago. Presented it beautifully. Built it up. Grabbed his Invisible Deck... And dropped the entire thing in a puddle of water. We lol'd.

Tell the world why don't you! lol

I actually have alot of bad things happen to me during performances. Some of my worst ones include.

*Dropping an invisible deck into water, after 3 minutes of build-up and talking myself up ("Don't worry this trick will never fail")
*Dropping half a deck into a fountain when performing the eye-cut
*Failing PK time (time didn't change)
*Dropping cards during the pop-up move
*Dropping the deck during a deck vanish
*Dropping a coin during a coin bend
*Failing a center tear, where I tore out the information -___-"
*Having a spectator, completely bend up my card after the pop up move.

I'm basically prone to accidents because I take alot of risk with my performances. Lesson learned: If you don't see it as a mistake, then your spectator won't as well. Most of my mistakes listed was covered up, while others was a pretty convincing fail. GG

Nov 26, 2008
did a top shot instead of a cardini.

"Sorry, I missed my sleeve." I wasn't wearing sleeves, it got a good laugh

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
Haha, I knew it was you! :D

Sorry about the double post, please don't ban me!!! :p

Apologies won't do nuffink now, it's too late for that!

Probably not my worst fail, but the one that immediately springs to mind, would be me filming some street magic on a bad day.
"And the deck vanishes, leaving us with one card, which just happens to be...um...not your card...um...not that I knew what your card was or anything...um...have a nice day! :D"

And another (not exactly a fail, but amusing none the less), was when my friend did card through window at school. He launched the cards at the window, sort of missed it and sort of hit the girl sat on the computer nearby. Very luckily indeed, we knew her quite well, and she has a sense of humour. Ah, happy days.

Aug 24, 2008
Greece
oh heres another one: i was performing the regular two card transpo and i set up the deck right in front of them (cull) but i i did it wrong so......."if i just 4 of Hearts over the jack of spades ,the jack turns into the four of hearts and four i was holding turns.................into the four of hearts!?!?
LOL
though i just copped the jack into my packet and i presented the effect as a color change

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island
One time I was doing a trick with a palm, and I thought it was unnoticeable so I built up the trick for 2 minutes and revealed the card in my pocket and finally the person said " I saw it in your hand before you gave me the deck."

Times like this make me wonder why spectators don't tell you when they see the palm.:confused:

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results