Wynn Decks - The End

Hey guys- I got the T11 newsletter earlier this morning, and it said that after tonight, the Wynn decks will become unavailable.

Here is the original newletter for anyone who didn't get it:

Theory11 released a limited supply of Brown Wynn decks roughly one week ago today. 250 were released each night at midnight EST... and each night we sold out in around three minutes. Some nights they were gone in under 90 seconds.
Today-- Friday-- is your last chance to grab some for a long time. It may be weeks - or even months - before these exclusive decks see the light of day again. The last night to get a piece of our current supply... is tonight.

This is the last quantity of Wynn's that we will release in 2007. The next opportunity to get your hands on some will not be until early 2008. In the meantime-- this is it. Get it today... or get it on eBay.

The Wynn's will be released for ELEVEN minutes starting at MIDNIGHT EST tonight-- Friday, December 7, 2007.

I am intrigued by this bit:
The next opportunity to get your hands on some will not be until early 2008.
I am guessing that they won't be released again, at least not in a few years. I think that the "early 2008" opportunity is going to be the Control by W:H release, which is mentioned, but no dates given, in the newsletter, as well.

Remember that we will have 11 minutes to place orders, which is by far more time than we have had thus far; I may place several orders.

I am guessing that a lot of people will be buying, hopefully the T11 servers won't crash!!

-Zodiac-

Nov 22, 2007
I still have 12 Wynns in my cart from last night and I'm thinking about checking out now (yes, that works). But that would be my 3rd brick...too much?

Nah some guy on dananddave.com/forum bought 48 "incase they get rare".

I wish I had over nine thooooooousand bricks (You must be an hero to understand that!)

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
I still have 12 Wynns in my cart from last night and I'm thinking about checking out now (yes, that works). But that would be my 3rd brick...too much?

Worst case you have a couple of months to decide if you want to order more when they become available again. I like the idea of discontinuing the sale for a brief period to let word of mouth get around and anticipation of these decks builds and the next released batch sells even faster than the previous. Pretty good sales strategy if you ask me.

--Jim

Sep 1, 2007
Estonia
Hey guys,

So if this is the last time when wynns get for sale..for ELEVEN minutes ? I mean, there might be a possibility that they will not be for sale for eleven minutes - they may run out before.. Anyway, when is the last sale gonna be ? Or is it ended already ? I live in Estonia, and i think ( lets hope so) its GMT+2. So in my time, its 8 o' clock in the morning ? I'm having just some troubles with the timezones..so can somebody please clear it out for me?

Thanks,
Henri

Sep 2, 2007
So if this is the last time when wynns get for sale..for ELEVEN minutes ? I mean, there might be a possibility that they will not be for sale for eleven minutes - they may run out before.. Anyway, when is the last sale gonna be ? Or is it ended already ? I live in Estonia, and i think ( lets hope so) its GMT+2. So in my time, its 8 o' clock in the morning ? I'm having just some troubles with the timezones..so can somebody please clear it out for me?
The next and last release window for 2007 is in 10 hours and 36 minutes from the time of this post -- midnight Eastern Standard Time. That's equivalent to 7:00am Saturday (EET) in Estonia.

The window for the Wynn's will be open for 11 minutes. Therefore, there is no limit of 250 Wynn Decks, but rather a limit of 11 minutes.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
JTM

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
Ah, too bad that my credit card accidently got shredded. It looks like that I'll be patiently waiting for 2008 to come around with the release of Control. However, now I'm wondering if Danny Garcia is going to be part of Theory11 due to him being in some bonus material.

Anyway, back on topic. Good luck to everyone shooting to get some Wynn decks tonight!

Shane K.

Dec 6, 2007
Who expected?

I bet Wynn never expected their cards would become so popular. I went to Slots-O-Fun in Vegas a few years ago; and they gave me a few decks. Free!
Anyway, for my money, The Guardians are a beautiful deck. But you already knew that.
Tom

Oct 23, 2007
Austin, TX USA
Hey guys,

Thanks,
Henri

Here is the clock that is used in the server's time zone
http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5/java

When that says midnight, it's time.

Sep 1, 2007
UUUHHH whats up T11? Can someone clarify that more in 2008 comment? I'll be pissed if you guys get another "low supply" and this does turn out to be a marketing ploy.

Aug 30, 2007
UUUHHH whats up T11? Can someone clarify that more in 2008 comment? I'll be pissed if you guys get another "low supply" and this does turn out to be a marketing ploy.

No marketing ploy. No one's trying to trick you. When these decks run out, there are no more. We're attempting to conserve our supply so that everyone has a chance to get their hands on some if they so choose.

Dana

waynehouchin

theory11 artist
Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Chico, CA
www.waynehouchin.com

Yes, to clarify - we do have the Wynns in stock, however we are not going to continue to release them every day. We'll bring them back sometime in the beginning of 08, but if we continued like we have been for the last week - we'd be completely out by Christmas...

No marketing ploy here... seriously. You may not believe us, but when we are out... that's it. There are no more. I've recently seen people throwing around the guess that we got our hands on approx 20,000 decks. That is a very limited amount, however, I can tell you that there we got less than HALF that number...

These are awesome cards - if you want some you'll have the opportunity. We have a very limited quantity & we want them to last as long as possible. Good luck!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results