Yet another Oil and Water

Jun 23, 2011
Quito, Ecuador
Hi I wanted to share the video of me performing the Oil and Water trick. I think I came up with a new method (I don't know if its original), it's pretty clean..No Gimmicks, no extra cards, and the cards can be shown as if they are mixed up. Tell me what you think about it:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpcvhWGOPSI[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
May 2, 2010
New York, New York
I think it looks great. I definatly like it and I like the idea of no gimmicks and extra cards

As far as it being original I couldnt say. Oil and Water is one of those effects that has been done to death. I know Marlo has printed the Oil and Water routine in "The Cardician" 1953 and an Earlier Verson in some Unpublished notes in Feb 1951. He is credited with being the originator and I have not seen an Oil and Water routine published earlier than that.

He has written a lot of diffrent methods. I know he published a few in Ibidem and there is one in Advance finger tip control. Per Jon Racherbaumer in Kabbala Volume 3 Marlo has used over 18 techniques for the routine.

I suggest if you really want to get credited for a new method to contact Mr. Racherbaumer and see if he could tell you if its orginal. I hope your research finds it does.

Mike

Good job on putting together your own way of doing a trick. Try to streamline it some more, though. There seems to be a lot of bungling with the cards and restating how many there are. People aren't stupid, and they don't believe that you are an actual wizard. In my opinion, your participants won't suspect any extras after you've shown the cards fairly one time. Also, keep improving on your technical ability. Your sleights were well done, but I think they should be more natural and fluid. You shouldn't look like you're "about to do something fishy."

Good job, and I commend you for experimenting with method. However, remember that a good trick takes months, often years, to really become solid, so keep at it.

Jun 23, 2011
Quito, Ecuador
Thank you very much for your feedback. I used that kind of patter because I'm not performing to a person, so eye contact is not posible and therefore misdirection is not very effective. I'll polish the trick some more in order to get a more natural performance.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results