You know you're a card artist when...

Sep 10, 2011
Cebu City, Philippines
-when you ask a spectator to sign a card (hopefully not the centurions) and they respond "What?? You actually want me to write my name on the card????"
-When you tear up a card during performance and the crowd seems stunned that you actually just ruined a playing card
-When you entertain yourself on long car rides with a deck (or three) of cards, and portable DVD player, and Dan&Daves trilogy
-When studying for an exam, you constantly stop, get an idea, and grab a deck of cards, and tinker with them. then you look at the clock and realise its very late and you must make the decision to put off studying or continue to tinker with your cards

i dont know if these will apply to everyone, but these certainly happen to me alot

It does to me. Lol. Especially the last one. :))

Jul 2, 2011
Californiaaa
You know you're a card artist when a friend manages to not just bend, but fold a fourth of your deck, and still tells you to calm the **** down.

Jul 2, 2011
Californiaaa
You know you're a card artist when fellow high schoolers, knowing how much your cards are worth to you, steal some and hold them hostage to get you to show them a magic trick.
Even if you don't know any.

Sep 24, 2011
-You put anything resembling the size or shape of a playing card in tenki without even noticing.

-You can perform a Monte routine with sugar packets.

-People wont play cards with you even though you suck at poker.

-If you cut imaginary decks while you are sleeping. Seriously, ask my ex. She hated it when, even while I was sleeping, my hands were performing charliers on decks of cards that weren't there. It would wake her up and she couldnt go back to sleep...whatever, I slept great.

-When you watch movies, you don't eat popcorn, you perform charliers. The only way to watch a movie.

-If you are playing with a deck as you read this post.

Alright, I think thats it for now. I just got off a 12 hour shift so I think I am going to lie down. I will post more if they pop in my mind and I HAVE to share them with you. Great thread OP, gave me a good needed laugh.

-Craig

I tend to do ether fire fly, pandora, or ninja style

Sep 24, 2011
- when you get hot, so you do a beautiful fan and actually use it to fan yourself.
- when your pissed at your friend, so you throw a card at him( and it hits him)
- when you spin your credit card on your finger before you give it to the cashier

and it cuts his arm (true story)

Nov 27, 2010
-When you flourish in public you say to yourself, "oh yeah I'm a BADASS!!!"
-When you drop your cards an impressed laymen is happy to pick it up for you.
-When you can "sense" people staring at you" because you go through it a lot in public when you flourish
-When you treat your cards the same or better than your phone
-you cannot do your homework without thinking about cards
-When you daydream about being Gambit!!

-If you hurt your hand or fingers you get really angry, even if it just a paper cut........

Sep 30, 2011
Tampa,Florida
when your teacher catches you practicing during class it has happend to me over 5 times and one time i was practicing with white centurions and my teacher took them away and never gave them back! i was so mad she probably find out how much they were worth and sold them on ebay or something! that old hag!

Sep 11, 2011
when?

Youre a good card artist when you perform original flawless material and with that give a spectator a moment of magic that will last a lifetime...and if it's good enough it effects there unborn children aswell......

Sep 24, 2011
You know you're a card artist when fellow high schoolers, knowing how much your cards are worth to you, steal some and hold them hostage to get you to show them a magic trick.
Even if you don't know any.

this happened to me once and I grabbed him by the neck and almost strangled him.(They absolut vodkas I aint gonna lose any cards in that deck) it never happened again

Nov 27, 2010
when your teacher catches you practicing during class it has happend to me over 5 times and one time i was practicing with white centurions and my teacher took them away and never gave them back! i was so mad she probably find out how much they were worth and sold them on ebay or something! that old hag!

I would have wrestled that teacher to the ground. You can take my bikes....but don't you touch my damn centurions!!!!

Sep 30, 2011
Tampa,Florida
your absolutley right!!!!! luckly this morning when i was at school i went in to her drawer and found them and im extremley happy!!!!!!! but i still hate that teacher! i needed an excuse to say i hated her lol

Jan 11, 2011
Great to see all these and be able to relate to most of them (had to read all 20 pages before posting, so I didn't double up :p).

- When a friend/relative knows your into cards and buys you a cheap plastic Svengali deck as a present and you have to pretend to be excited and grateful.

Might be more magic than cardistry, but still works :)

They gave me a marked deck.

so so so true.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results