"Z-Magic" (NEW VERSION)

Nov 8, 2007
Hey there.

You have some nice stuff in there. You seem to come across as a pretty likable guy when you perform. My main comments would be on that editing of the video in general.

• 7 minutes is quite long, especially if you want to use this for a demo. I think you could really communicate everything you want in 2-3 minutes. 7 minutes just feels too long, especially with today's ADD MTV culture.

• While I too am a fan of Mr. Jackson's music, it's actually really distracting in the video. I'd try and find something that blends in and enhances your performances a little more rather than distracts from them. While the music seemed to fit feeling-wise, those songs are all global hits that pull a lot of focus off what you're doing and onto the song playing in what should be the background but is very much the foreground.

• The picture album at the end set to that Michael Jackson song felt overdone to me. It gave the impression you were curing people of cancer or something. A bit too sentimental for my taste.

Overall though it seems like you got some good footage and you're capable of editing. I think cutting away some of the the fat (2-3 minutes) and changing up the music would really enhance what you're trying to communicate here.

Keep up the good work, man!

Sep 15, 2007
www.myspace.com
Hey there.

You have some nice stuff in there. You seem to come across as a pretty likable guy when you perform. My main comments would be on that editing of the video in general.

• 7 minutes is quite long, especially if you want to use this for a demo. I think you could really communicate everything you want in 2-3 minutes. 7 minutes just feels too long, especially with today's ADD MTV culture.

• While I too am a fan of Mr. Jackson's music, it's actually really distracting in the video. I'd try and find something that blends in and enhances your performances a little more rather than distracts from them. While the music seemed to fit feeling-wise, those songs are all global hits that pull a lot of focus off what you're doing and onto the song playing in what should be the background but is very much the foreground.

• The picture album at the end set to that Michael Jackson song felt overdone to me. It gave the impression you were curing people of cancer or something. A bit too sentimental for my taste.

Overall though it seems like you got some good footage and you're capable of editing. I think cutting away some of the the fat (2-3 minutes) and changing up the music would really enhance what you're trying to communicate here.

Keep up the good work, man!

I know what you mean. I was kind of laughing at myself with the heal the world comment, it did see a bit too much haha. Well, I am glad you like it and hopefully I will get it better next time. Thanks bud!

Sep 15, 2007
www.myspace.com
Yeah I reccomend doing it again but keep it under 3 minutes... The music is fine though. Very good 4/5

Man, it's so hard to do that 3 min. thing, I just love all those clips and feel they should be in there. I frequently have that same problem though. I was thinking about getting someone to edit a video for me. Thanks man glad you liked it!!!!

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I actually didn't mind the length as much. Knock some of the end off and cut a bit here and there. The music does have to go, I like Michael Jackson and all, but it takes over what should be moments of your magic.

Excellent as always, you're definitely doing awesome.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results