Ziplocked - Rob Greenlee

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Yo Rob!

Just wanted to say congrats on your effect being released! After playing with the effect a bit, I came up with a new handling that looks pretty sweet. If you jump in the Lounge at http://www.themagicsession.com I'll be happy to show you what it looks like. This is definitely an effect I'll be working on. Keep up the great work!

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
Yo Rob!

Just wanted to say congrats on your effect being released! After playing with the effect a bit, I came up with a new handling that looks pretty sweet. If you jump in the Lounge at http://www.themagicsession.com I'll be happy to show you what it looks like. This is definitely an effect I'll be working on. Keep up the great work!

Thanks Casey! I won't be back home until later tonight but you added me on facebook earlier so I'll get in touch with ya sometime tomorrow and we can get on the Lounge and jam if that's cool with ya!

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
this looks cool! Looks really fair and is obviously ridiculously visual. I have played with similar ideas and the methods i've came up with have either looked cool but been impractical/difficult to clean up, or they've just not been very elegant. This seems to be both practical and streamlined. I may just pick it up!

Dec 20, 2009
Mumbai, India
The effect looks great and its SUPER visual! Great work Rob! Quick question though, does it have to be a ZIPLOCK baggie? Can this be performed with other kinds of bags (like the chips packets and stuff?)

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
I like using the Ziploc bag because it is clear - this way the spectators can see what happens every step of the way. Play around with it and I'm sure you can make it work with other types of bags!

-Rob

Nov 20, 2016
If you haven't seen this...check it out. http://www.ellusionist.com/ziplocked-by-rob-greenlee.html

Now...I don't know about you guys...but there are certain tricks in magic that I have a "fetish" for. Levitations, card thru window, and penetration effects using bottles, etc. That's why I bought Ziplocked WITHOUT watching the preview. I decided to take a leap of faith. I sent the link to a friend who watched it and said it looked fantastic. So I watched it. It does.

If you're a bunch of lazy bastards (I kid) and didn't watch the preview, here's what the description is: You have a spectator take out a coin and sign it. You then take out a ziploc baggie, blow it up, and zip it shut. You hold it out in front of you. Here's the good part... You THROW the coin thru the air and it penetrates the bag. No sh*t. That's exactly what happens. It's not stuck to the back of the bag or anything. It is indeed inside the bag. You can even have the spectator hold it and you can do this trick.

The method: I'm at ends at what to type. At first...I didn't like it. After watching all of it, I really like it. It really is good.

The handling: Rob teaches 3 different versions: One with you holding the bag, one with the spectator holding the bag, and one version with a smaller plastic baggie. He teaches you all you need to know to make this as convincing as possible. I don't why you wouldn't be convinced. It looks unlike any penetration effect I've ever seen.

Quality: It's E. The download was of very nice quality and rolled in at 217mb. Not bad.

Difficulty: It's not very difficult at all.

Construction of "the gimmick": It really is a joke to call it a gimmick. Anyway, the gimmick will take two seconds to prepare and you're ready to go.

Overall I give this a 7/10. Very nice job Rob.
Really didnt like this trick looks so much better in the video than in real life. Its much easier than it looks but doesn't look that good I would rate is 5/10

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results