New DVD - AM/PM

Apr 27, 2008
Dam if I was still in cards then I would definitely get this. If it's not to much then maybe I will. Good stuff nice bloopers.

Sep 1, 2007
This actually looks pretty good. It seems like a nice mix of original effects. Hope to see more details on this.

Sean.Cinco

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Orlando, FL
www.seancinco.com
As quoted from Kevin Reylek from NYMP

Alex and Jon are two of magic's great unknowns, and I predict that once people start seeing their material, they'll become some of the hot names in the community.

There's a little something for everyone on these volumes, which will be available separately, or as a bundle for a bit of a discount.

This DVD is officially produced by Alex and Jon (they're retaining the copyright), but NYMP has worked very closely with them on all of the filming, editing, and DVD authoring, and we will be carrying the set on our site.

Would love to hear some feedback on the teaser video, and am happy to answer any questions that anyone may have.

Kevin

We're aiming for a mid-December release date. We'll keep you posted as we nail down an exact date of release.

Since there are 16 effects in this set, it'll be difficult to cut a full demo for everything, but I'm sure we'll get something out later this month that gives you a bit more insight into what the routines are. We'll also put out a list with the contents of each disc and a brief description of the effects.

Thanks!

Kevin

KevinReylek

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
NY
www.newyorkmagicproject.com
Hey guys. Kevin here, from the New York Magic Project. Thanks for your feedback so far about the teaser video! Alex, Jon, and myself are all very excited about sharing AM/PM with all of you!

Here's the effect list for each volume:

VOL 1:

Between the Backpalms - A spectator's selected card vanishes from the deck and instantly reappears sandwiched between the magician's and spectator's previously empty hands.

Unlabeled - An ultra-clean Any Card at Any Number routine that can be done with a borrowed, shuffled deck.

Help - One spectator reads another's mind to reveal a selected card.

The Domino Effect - A unique take on the Copper/Silver plot. A sugar packet and a Sweet N Low packet transpose between the magician's hand and a spectator's hand. Perfect for table hopping!

Trio - A surprising multi-phase 3 cards under box routine.

Morph - A selected card gradually changes color, followed by the whole deck.

El-Dib - A new look at a classic card effect, but with a killer new ending.

Papermate - A multi-phase pen routine with a kicker ending that they'll never see coming!

*Bonus - The Propeller Change - An ultra-visual face-up color change that occurs in mid-air.

VOL 2:

4OUR - A quick, visual, and surprising production of four cards.

AKT I - An instant transposition of two four-of-a-kinds.

Local - An empty matchbox becomes full in your spectator's hands. They can examine and keep the box and matches!

Cash Back - After the magician fails to find a selected card, he puts his money on the line in order to prevail.

Arson - A lighter vanishes into the deck to reveal a card, only to pop back out of the card again.

Coin Mint - A borrowed, signed quarter winds up in a minty fresh location.

Switch - The spectator's card and the magician's card visibly switch places in the deck several times in a row. Uses 2 new color changes!

Under and Out - A selected card vanishes from under the spectator's hand under truly impossible conditions.

*Bonus - The Kidnapped Control - Invisibly control your spectator's card to the top of the deck.

Kevin

Last edited by a moderator:

Alex_Pandrea

Creator / <a href="http://www.theory11.com/1on1/#a
Sep 28, 2008
New York
Hey guys,

Thanks for all the replies...and thanks to kevin for posting up the descriptions of the effects. We have been working on this for about 1 year now tweaking everything. It is really important for both Jon and I to give everyone a great DVD ...also a great bang for your buck, which is why these DVDs are jam packed with hours of material! I'll be happy to answer any questions about AM/PM that anyone has.

Catch me on myspace at
www.myspace.com/apmagic

or my magic myspace at
www.myspace.com/magicofx

Alex^x

Sep 4, 2007
Hey guys,

Thanks for all the replies...and thanks to kevin for posting up the descriptions of the effects. We have been working on this for about 1 year now tweaking everything. It is really important for both Jon and I to give everyone a great DVD ...also a great bang for your buck, which is why these DVDs are jam packed with hours of material! I'll be happy to answer any questions about AM/PM that anyone has.

Catch me on myspace at
www.myspace.com/apmagic

or my magic myspace at
www.myspace.com/magicofx

Alex^x

Congrats on finally getting this out. I wish you best of luck, and will prob pick up a copy. And for everyone else, Alex has some sick stuff.

KevinReylek

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
NY
www.newyorkmagicproject.com
Hi everyone. I've been getting some e-mails asking about this project, as well as an exact release date, so I thought I'd share with everyone.

Editing is close to done on AM/PM. Originally we were keeping our fingers crossed for a mid-December release, but now we're probably looking at sometime in January.

This has been a massive project, with over 24 hours of raw footage shot, so the editing process has been quite an undertaking. The final length of both DVDs is probably going to be about 5-6 hours! (Combined, not each).

We'll have some more sneak peek videos for you later this month.

Thanks for the interest and support for AM/PM!

Kevin

Sep 2, 2007
Looks pretty sweet, plus the effect descriptions seemed insane. Keep us updated on official release and price when you can. Thanks and good job :)

Dec 14, 2007
You might tell your friends they should reconsider the title. You can pm for details, but it shares the name with a release that many seem to have very negative feelings about.(More than poor quality) It would be unfair to the creators to have them guilty by association with a product they shouldn't have to be associated with.

Sep 1, 2007
You might tell your friends they should reconsider the title. You can pm for details, but it shares the name with a release that many seem to have very negative feelings about.(More than poor quality) It would be unfair to the creators to have them guilty by association with a product they shouldn't have to be associated with.

Oh snap!

Brad Henderson is back.

Alex_Pandrea

Creator / <a href="http://www.theory11.com/1on1/#a
Sep 28, 2008
New York
hi

Brad, thanks for the info...i have been searching for what you mentioned, but couldn't find anything. Unfortunately, the project is in its last stages, so changing the name isn't really an option. Im sure, however, that this after this release, there will be no confusion, since I believe AM/PM stands out from most DVDs :) ...

Oh and for everyone else...i just got the word from my editor....Each DVD will be about 3 hours long!! I know that we shot a lot of footage but even I was shocked on how much stuff we packed into this project!!

For more info about AM/PM check out www.newyorkmagicproject.com
Sign up for the newsletter ...we will have cool promotions when the release hits!

Let me know if you guys have any more questions, im happy to answer them :)

alex_x

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results