Magic Castle Junior Society

Sep 30, 2008
It doesn't matter. As long as you have been into magic for at least a year and correctly do a trick that requires SOME skill and present it well you're in.

not really, you need to be at least 2 years of experience and perform the trick with out a mistake within the time limit. It's sounds hard but not really, all you need to do is do your best and be yourself. Last but not least, over come the nerve; there are many people nerved out and messed up their routine.

I know it pretty well because I joined last november.

I hope this help.

Aug 31, 2007
Los Angeles
Hello everyone.

Everything that was previously said is completely false. I have been in the Program for over 2 years and have performed for the Castle's prized summer show, Future Stars. There is and probably will never be a requirement in experience. It is however helpful to have some experience under your belt. And with the skill wise, it is all up to opinion of the judges. I know someone personally that was incredibly skilled and had basic to moderate performance aspects and he was not admitted to the program. On the other hand, some kids have been ok with their technicality and a bit better on the performance aspect and gotten in. It all has to do with the situation, choice of tricks. Audience management, self confidence, stage presence, and the general ability to interact with your audience. There are many things to do with this program and

If anyone has further questions please feel free to ask.

-Michael Stern

Aug 31, 2007
Hello everyone.

Everything that was previously said is completely false. I have been in the Program for over 2 years and have performed for the Castle's prized summer show, Future Stars. There is and probably will never be a requirement in experience. It is however helpful to have some experience under your belt. And with the skill wise, it is all up to opinion of the judges. I know someone personally that was incredibly skilled and had basic to moderate performance aspects and he was not admitted to the program. On the other hand, some kids have been ok with their technicality and a bit better on the performance aspect and gotten in. It all has to do with the situation, choice of tricks. Audience management, self confidence, stage presence, and the general ability to interact with your audience. There are many things to do with this program and

If anyone has further questions please feel free to ask.

-Michael Stern

You also need to own a copy of SemiDisc before allowed into the program.

The Jr's audition I've been told is harder to pass than the adults just because of all the crap on youtube now days.

Apparently anyone that has heard of Ellusionist thinks they are a talented "street" magician.

Basicly: You need to have an interest in performing and studying magic. Know when the magic happens in an effect. Perform a few tricks that demonstrate some kind of skill and isn't completely dependent on gaffs, and that is about it.

It's not hard to pass if you're dedicated.

Mar 26, 2008
Los Angeles
can somebody tell me wat the close up audition is like. Is it like a table with adience or just u and the judges standing up and just performing?

Feb 1, 2009
Manchester, UK.
Are you sure you have to been into magic for over one year to join?

What skill level do I need to join?
We accept members of all skill levels - from beginners to seasoned performers. We try to tailor all our work to suit your particular needs.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results