UPDATE -- Trilogy : The NEW theory11 Video Contest

Sep 1, 2007
Hey guys at T11, its nice to know that some attention is ACTUALLY put into the field of 'cardistry'. And I bet people around the world really appreciate this.

Now I have a question about the rules. In the rules you state that we are allowed to edit the songs together. Is it ok if we edit the individual songs?

For example, backtrack the song?

Sep 1, 2007
USA
oh my god October 15 is my birthday i think i should submit one and hope my birthday luck wins it for me

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 30, 2007
Hey guys at T11, its nice to know that some attention is ACTUALLY put into the field of 'cardistry'. And I bet people around the world really appreciate this.

Now I have a question about the rules. In the rules you state that we are allowed to edit the songs together. Is it ok if we edit the individual songs?

For example, backtrack the song?

Glad to hear that you appreciate what we're doing. We really do care about developing this community and will definitely continue to actively work toward that goal in the future, but talk is cheap. Actually, talk is free. This isn't costing me anything right now. Give it a little bit of time and we'll let our actions will speak for themselves (read: I'll shut the hell up about it).

To answer your question: You're welcome to do whatever you like with the tracks. Creativity counts, so show us what you've got.

I should note, however, that we picked those specific songs because they reflect the length we're basically looking for in these videos. Looping the songs non-stop for your epic 25 minute operatic flourishing masterpiece isn't exactly what this contest is about, so please exercise some restraint in that area. Other than that, go nuts.

Dana

Sep 29, 2007
I AM REALY THINK THAT I WILL GET ONE OF THE PRIZES, I WORKED REALY HEARD AND I ALLREADY GOT AL THE SYSTEM DOWN AND SOME CRAZY OTHER STUFF I GOT. I REALY HOPE WINNING AND I HOPE ENJOYING THIS FORUM. MY ENGLISH IS NOT THAT GOOD BECAUSE I AM FROM ISREAL...... SO PLEASE BE NICE. JERRY NUGGETS HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

Sep 1, 2007
Nebraska
I'm a magician by nature, but I'm pretty good with XCM. I'll do my best to do a good vid, since I want to win!

(very small chance, but maybe third?)

Sep 3, 2007
lol i have a feeling that T11 will get to many video's to watch, and the'll just have to.... quit the competition :)

Sep 2, 2007
I AM REALY THINK THAT I WILL GET ONE OF THE PRIZES, I WORKED REALY HEARD AND I ALLREADY GOT AL THE SYSTEM DOWN AND SOME CRAZY OTHER STUFF I GOT. I REALY HOPE WINNING AND I HOPE ENJOYING THIS FORUM. MY ENGLISH IS NOT THAT GOOD BECAUSE I AM FROM ISREAL...... SO PLEASE BE NICE. JERRY NUGGETS HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:
try the caps lock button, its right above shift and right below tab
:):):D

Sep 1, 2007
so...
are we limited to only the songs you gave us?
or can we also put others in there, and have yours also

like, if i wanna start off with an intense little thing that leads into the t11 songs, is that cool?

Aug 30, 2007
yea i know, but can we also use something else?

Sure. We're not really all that intense with the rules here. Feel free to be creative - that's what this is all about.

We want you to make a short video that focuses on flourishing using one of the tracks we provided. If you don't use one of those tracks at least a little bit, I will be sad and cry at you because you don't like my work. Then I will send you one PM a day for the next year that says something like "WHY DON'T YOU LIKE ME?!?" Trust me, it'll get annoying after a while. I'm doing it to Raiker right now just to piss him off.

Dana

Sep 30, 2007
Hey Guys :)

im a new guy at this forum and Im already enjoying everything i see and saw on page and forums

So, when i saw this thread about that competition, my heart jumps so hard! The prizes are amazing and I........man i dunno how to say this....LOVE Dan and Dave :) But let me stop with making my love to you guys clear for everybody out there.

Well, there is one thing that really makes me feel pain. Im not a really good flourisher. I prefere doing magic tricks with a pack of cards, but im proud to say, that my 2nd hobby besides cardmagic is Movie-editing.

So my question to any of you guys: What do you think about doing our stuff together?

If there is any cardist / flourisher out there, that really thinks "hey...im good man..it could be possible that i´ll win with my flourishing skills.", but who is not familiar with this editing stuff...what about making a team

YOU put your skill on video and I will use my 6 years of editing experience to put it together and eventually, we will make it :)

So, what do you think? I mean, we still have about two weeks or so left. So if you are interested (oooooo i am) please feel free to contact me.

Im from Germany (surpriiiise ^^) my name is Alexander and you got the following ways to contact:

MSN: redrumpriebsch@web.de
e-mail: thariddick@web.de

that should be enough for the Beginning.

By the way, im really sorry for the "not THAT" brilliant english.^^

my regards to you..

CorE

Oh and i also got a question to dan and dave/the theory11 team:

Is there any way to get this custom song from the Trilogy trailer? The one, which is about 3 minutes long? I heard, it was custom made by a friend of dan and dave, but i´am SO in love with it. Its kind of mysterious and slow but it has this...BOOM in it. I don´t know how to describe....that must be one of those special things existing inside of a moviemakers head...undescribable feelings for a song or a picture and its atmosphere.

So. Is there any way to get this song? And i think it would maybe have its uses for this video competition, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Nebraska
Hey, I have a quick question. I'm not sure if I'd be able to get the video on Quicktime. Would it be alright if I uploaded it in WMV, or do I have to do it in Quicktime?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results