UPDATE -- Trilogy : The NEW theory11 Video Contest

Sep 1, 2007
A lot of confusion regarding terminology, no? Whatever you consider XCM is probably what we're looking for in the contest.

Focus on non-magical though highly skillful manipulating of playing cards. That's what cardistry means.

I thought that this video contest was anything with a deck of cards , meaning magic too (from dbsquared's post)

Aug 31, 2007
hey d&d or Kenner why not send the better (not 1st, 2nd, or 3rd) maybe 4th-10th an unopened or opened pack of unsigned jerrys cause i know u guys have quite a few

Jul 23, 2007
New York, NY
So, would a display be called cardistry?
Most displays, like D&D's Werm, would be considered cardistry, yes. Let me try to clarify:

If it's not magic, it's probably cardistry.

If you think it's a flourish, it probably fits under cardistry.

Think of it this way... if it aims to show something "out of this world" happened where the mechanics are hidden and it's by an apparent mysterious force or time continuum parallel dimension oddity, it's not cardistry. If it's an apparent feet of physical skill of dexterity, it's probably cardistry.

You can also add "magical flourishes" to your cardistry -- like for instance a production here and there to accent your cardistry routine. It's sort of like when you add a fancy fan to your magical routine, but the other way around: you're focusing on cardistry, not magic.

Hope that makes sense.

Oct 2, 2007
magic

Can it only contain flourishes? I don't really do flourishes. I do a few like molecule 1 2 4 card production but not a lot because I just show your skills with cards and not the magic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
What can i do if i finished my video? I mean i must be write something to the title or what? Or just submit and give any title and description?

Jul 23, 2007
New York, NY
What can i do if i finished my video? I mean i must be write something to the title or what? Or just submit and give any title and description?
To help it stand out you could add some mention of the contest in either the title or the description.

I'll see about the possibility of adding a new field in the video submission page so you can pick which category your video falls under, and I'll add "theory11 cardistry contest" or something along those lines to the mix.

Sep 1, 2007
Can i worry about if my video more than 25 MB, because under the submit button say:(Maximum size: 25MB)

Jul 23, 2007
New York, NY
Can i worry about if my video more than 25 MB, because under the submit button say:(Maximum size: 25MB)
How long is your video? Also realize the maximum display size of a video on theory11 is 480x360.

If it's only 1 minute long, it should fall under 25MB pretty easily...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results