UPDATE -- Trilogy : The NEW theory11 Video Contest

Sep 1, 2007
Canada
Hi Guys,

Earlier this afternoon I headed out to the beach to shoot the footage for my video. It was raining quite hard, but I thought it would help give my video a more artistic feel. When I got back I was soaking wet, and ready to transfer the footage on to the computer. I was having some problems with the capturing, and my computer was quite slow. After about 4 attempts I noticed a message on the camera that said "remove cassette." So I removed it, and placed it back into the camera. Except when I turned the camera on, the whole tape was erased, I couldn't even record anything. I was pretty damn angry at this point, because I had some kick ass shots, and I was out there for a few hours. So after I "calmed myself down" I put in another tape to see if it would work. No luck. It's all my fault... I've completly ruined my camera. The rain must have got into the tape part. It's under warranty, but it will take months for them to replace it. I was really looking forward to making this video, and I thought that I had a chance at winning. I guess I won't be entering anymore.

F**K

Hi Guys,

Earlier this afternoon I headed out to the beach to shoot the footage for my video. It was raining quite hard, but I thought it would help give my video a more artistic feel. When I got back I was soaking wet, and ready to transfer the footage on to the computer. I was having some problems with the capturing, and my computer was quite slow. After about 4 attempts I noticed a message on the camera that said "remove cassette." So I removed it, and placed it back into the camera. Except when I turned the camera on, the whole tape was erased, I couldn't even record anything. I was pretty damn angry at this point, because I had some kick ass shots, and I was out there for a few hours. So after I "calmed myself down" I put in another tape to see if it would work. No luck. It's all my fault... I've completly ruined my camera. The rain must have got into the tape part. It's under warranty, but it will take months for them to replace it. I was really looking forward to making this video, and I thought that I had a chance at winning. I guess I won't be entering anymore.

F**K
Hey Cory... before you send it back, try cleaning the video head. Either get an alcohol swab or a q-tip. Open up where the cassette goes and you will see a circular mechanical piece. Rub the alcohol swab on that or use the q-tip with alcohol on it. Then put the tape in.

I had a similar problem with my camera a few weeks ago, I just cleaned the head and it worked perfectly after doing so. Cameras require care and cleaning once a month or so.

Mitchell

Sep 1, 2007
Canada
Hey Cory... before you send it back, try cleaning the video head. Either get an alcohol swab or a q-tip. Open up where the cassette goes and you will see a circular mechanical piece. Rub the alcohol swab on that or use the q-tip with alcohol on it. Then put the tape in.

I had a similar problem with my camera a few weeks ago, I just cleaned the head and it worked perfectly after doing so. Cameras require care and cleaning once a month or so.

Mitchell

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

Serisouly, you don't know how awesome you are. That worked.

Sep 1, 2007
Unngh, I spent quite a bit of time making a video with only flourishes in it, and I reread all the info and now I know you can use magic. ARRGH!

Sep 2, 2007
oh, I'm okay then, Dan and Dave's post was a bit wrong. That scared me a bit. wooooo

The contest, itself, is a cardistry/flourishing contest. Dan and Dave wrote an article, which stated that magic could be included.

However, the bulk and majority of the video should be cardistry/flourishing because it's a cardistry/flourshing contest, but magic can be included, though if it is, it should be in a limited amount.

Hope this clears it up.

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 2, 2007
The moves do not have to be from the Trilogy, they could be your own original moves, or could be from "Flourishing 101." If you have any more questions, the Dan and Dave Buck article should be able to answer them. If not, let me know.

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 1, 2007
Canada
I have a few questions...

Do we have to submit our video as a .mov file? I'm having a lot of trouble with this. I have my video saved as a .mov but it's massive and won't upload anywhere. So I saved it as a .wmv then tried converting it to a .mov but it lost a buttload of sound quality. Would it be alright if I just submitted it as a .mmv?

How do we know if our entry has been accepted, or has even made it through? I've submitted two other videos to the Media section and they haven't shown up on the other end. Is there any sort of verification that our entry was recieved? Also, should we label the video as "Contest Submission." ???

Thanks.

Sep 2, 2007

Do we have to submit our video as a .mov file? I'm having a lot of trouble with this. I have my video saved as a .mov but it's massive and won't upload anywhere. So I saved it as a .wmv then tried converting it to a .mov but it lost a buttload of sound quality. Would it be alright if I just submitted it as a .mmv?

How do we know if our entry has been accepted, or has even made it through? I've submitted two other videos to the Media section and they haven't shown up on the other end. Is there any sort of verification that our entry was recieved? Also, should we label the video as "Contest Submission." ???

Thanks.

I believe it has to be in .mov. Try to convert it with http://www.zamzar.com/, if it doesn't work, give Richard Z. a pm, and until then submit it in its current form.

In regards to the acceptance of videos, all contests videos will be displayed on October 15th, so it will not show up in the media section until then. You should, in the description, label it as "Contest Submission," so that it is kept in a seperate location for the contest, just to be safe.

In regards to verification, I do not think there is any.
Hope this helps.

Cheers,
JTM

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Canada
I believe it has to be in .mov. Try to convert it with http://www.zamzar.com/, if it doesn't work, give Richard a pm, and until then submit it in its current form.

In regards to the acceptance of videos, all contests videos will be displayed on October 15th, so it will not show up in the media section until then. You should in the description label it, as "Contest Submission," so that it is kept in a seperate location for the contest.

In regards to verification, I do not think there is any.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
JTM

Thanks. I'm trying out that Zamzar site, but it doesn't seem to be working. :(

Thanks.
First of all, here's a VERY easy way to compress your video. You edited your video in Vegas right? Well here, take your finished video (.wmv) and import it into Windows Movie Maker. Now put the video in the timeline and publish the movie as "best quality for playback on this computer". It should be much smaller.

Now go to:

http://media-convert.com/

And convert it to .mov. I use that site daily for all of my projects.

Mitchell

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results