Criss Angel Continues To Embarass The Magic Community

Sep 1, 2007
Criss, dear boy. When are you going to learn that huge balls and sixpack just aren't enough to coast on?

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I think Criss needs to just go back to doing really cool street magic, David Blaine Style. I know he likes the big illusions and stuff, but people are getting sick of it and Believe has really fallen apart it sounds like. That stinks for him because I am sure a lot of time and money went into that show.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
well doesnt he have a contract? and i dont think he can handle street magic.
if he did street magic all the 12 year old girls would try to make out with him

That was funny...ha ha. True though. All the 12 year old girls and single divorced moms.

I am not sure how long his contract is on the Believe show. Hopefully they can work out all the bugs and change some things around to help fix what they can.

May 27, 2008
WV
www.sinimagic.com
I don't consider this an embarassment to the Magic Community at all. Perez was apparently comped tickets and decided to tweet and text during the show knowing full well it would get back to Criss. If the producers want to issue an apology for the show sucking, fine, but I would issue one to Perez. I agree with Criss. Perez is the world's biggest d-bag a-hole. I think he further proved it with his self-serving question to Miss California the next night. He then goes on to call her a "B" on his website, apologize and then say in a later interview he only apologized for calling her a "B" because he really mean to call her a "C." This guy is a tool. He picks on someone his own size (Criss), gets called on it so the next night picks on a girl!?! Please....

Anyway, whether or not what Criss did was right or wrong, it did get his show some much needed press.

I don't consider this an embarrassment to the Magic Community at all. Perez was apparently comped tickets and decided to tweet and text during the show knowing full well it would get back to Criss. If the producers want to issue an apology for the show sucking, fine, but I would issue one to Perez. I agree with Criss. Perez is the world's biggest d-bag a-hole. I think he further proved it with his self-serving question to Miss California the next night. He then goes on to call her a "B" on his website, apologize and then say in a later interview he only apologized for calling her a "B" because he really mean to call her a "C." This guy is a tool. He picks on someone his own size (Criss), gets called on it so the next night picks on a girl!?! Please....

Anyway, whether or not what Criss did was right or wrong, it did get his show some much needed press.

So let me get this strait Herdman; Calling someone names, calling them out during the production (all-be-it end of the production), generally acting like a jerk, and having an ego that is larger than the shows production budget, and being responsible for one of the most god awful magic shows working in Vegas to date, somehow doesn't qualify Criss as a disappointment to the industry he works within?

I'd choose your words in your reply post very carefully had I be you. You are dangerously close to sounding a bit too much like a fan, and less like a magician. That is if you want to save face.

It doesn't matter if the person Criss verbally assaulted was Perez Hilton or Prez Obama. The fact is, as a showman, you don't do that kind of thing. It's unprofessional. When you play the game at his level EVERYTHING you do, and say is subject to the public eye and opinion. Criss is a role model to some younger magicians and this sort of thing sends the wrong message.

The rules of the stage don't change just because you've upgraded your production budget by several million dollars.

Not only is his over priced Las Vegas show a huge let down, apparently so is he.

I believe (no pun intended), that he signed a 10 year running contract for his show. So keep your eyes open where due for more torture.

I'm almost willing to bet that the Luxor will run the show so long as it takes to make back their initial investment and then cut it. I don't think the show will survive 6 years. Not at it's current quality at least.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
This guy is a tool. He picks on someone his own size (Criss), gets called on it so the next night picks on a girl!?! Please...

Perhaps so, but in the public light, he still won. You make it sound like he picked on a girl because he lost.

And personally, I think that someone so obviously dimwitted (Miss California) deserved to be called out on it.

I'm almost willing to bet that the Luxor will run the show so long as it takes to make back their initial investment and then cut it. I don't think the show will survive 6 years. Not at it's current quality at least.

In essence your probably more right than you know. I'm expecting them to cut the contract and pay some fees and send him packing. The realism is Angel will probably come out smelling like a rose and claim he was victim. Show business. Sheez.

Jul 16, 2008
somewhere in New York
i just saw believe last night, and to be honest i didn't think it was that bad. I mean, the magic wasn't as good as id thought and there wasn't as much as id expected but overall i enjoyed it.
I think a lot of people on this forum, and im talking more about people who have not seen believe, are just gonna agree with others and assume its terrible cause they don't like criss angel and thats stupid.

...the magic wasn't as good as id thought

If you are going to sell a magic show based off of a magicians name brand or name then you'd expect nothing but the finest material. Not anything that you'd describe as "not as good as I'd thought."

...and there wasn't as much as id expected...

If you are going to go watch a Cirq production you have a certain level of expectations already built up due to Cirq's name and success of their other jaw dropping shows. They usually produce only the finest quality in entertainment.

So then it only logically goes to be assumed that if you combine one part Super famous, hot shot, magician, rockstar with one part high quality theater, dance, and live entertainment then the final product should be nothing short of godly. Instead what you get is a happy meal of the live entertainment world: An over priced meal with a cheap toy that you forget that you even had two days later.

This isn't about liking or hating anyone. This is purely about the quality (or lack there of) of a production that you'd naturally expect more of.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
My problem with it is that they Market it as a magic show and then you see it barely has any magic in it at all. And yeah, it is pretty stupid of an entertainer to insult somebody in the audience. Amazing Jonathan and a few other guys can get away with it, because it's apart of their show and they are known for it. I don't think Criss is known for insulting people who show up to his stuff.

My problem with it is that they Market it as a magic show and then you see it barely has any magic in it at all. And yeah, it is pretty stupid of an entertainer to insult somebody in the audience. Amazing Jonathan and a few other guys can get away with it, because it's apart of their show and they are known for it. I don't think Criss is known for insulting people who show up to his stuff.

The diffrence between Amazing Johnathan and Angel is with Johnathan, it's in the act, and the people expect it.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Yeah I know. I just think it's funny that his ego will most likely cause his career to self destruct.

I know he has a lot of fans, but there will most likely be a lot of times when they will start to see him for what he really is.

I still laugh at his illusion falling tho. You'd think for a guy who's been doing Stage magic for years and actually got a Vegas contract that he would have all the bugs worked out. Specially one that would most likely totally ruin the effect.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results