Wayne Houchin Working with Ellusionist Again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 15, 2009
Minnesota
Looks interesting, and he hasn't released anything with E for quite a while now, so I guess that's somewhat understandable.

Hopefully we'll get some more info in the next preview.

Sep 2, 2007
I have a lot of respect for W:H. I have used all of his material to date in real world performing.

I suspect this will be no different.

-Jacob

May 31, 2008
Looks like an great multi-trick DVD. I am definately going to be getting this.

On the whole working for E thing. Who cares? A great artist is releasing a new DVD. It's not like he's under contract with T11. He's just done a few things for them. Think of it as graphic design. Graphic designers design for more than one company right? So who cares?

Jan 13, 2008
I'm looking forward to this. :)

WH is an interesting thinker--it doesn't matter who he releases with, he always releases quality material. :)

In the end we the customers win whether he releases it here, there or anywhere!
Multi-trick DVD sounds great, I'll definitely be able to find something of interest here.
I'm hoping that given the title we'll get some theory on the art of magic too.

Sep 1, 2007
Looks like an great multi-trick DVD. I am definately going to be getting this.

On the whole working for E thing. Who cares? A great artist is releasing a new DVD. It's not like he's under contract with T11. He's just done a few things for them. Think of it as graphic design. Graphic designers design for more than one company right? So who cares?

Nice. You've just seen a 30 second teaser of the DVD that shows almost nothing of the material, and you're already saying you are getting it for sure?

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Nice. You've just seen a 30 second teaser of the DVD that shows almost nothing of the material, and you're already saying you are getting it for sure?
That's marketing for ya.

I have to agree, that's not smart thinking.
Wayne is a good artist, but at least know what you're buying before you buy it.
Just cause Wayne's in it doesn't mean you will like the effect.
Think before you purchase.

Do I see myself actually performing this?
How could I work it into my routine?
Does it fit my criteria?

These are questions we should be asking ourselves before we buy.

Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England
I think the reason people are kicking up a fuss about the fact he's working with E is because he explicitly said the Ultragaff would be his last release with them.

Either way, it doesn't bother me.

Looks like a promising release. :)

-Sam H

Sep 20, 2008
Not fussed either way, but its a bit odd for him not to release it in T11 when he's one of the main founders. (I think)

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007

Its not about that. It's because it's W:H and pretty much everything he's released, everyone loves, and to expect that this next one will be the same is probably the reason why people are saying that they will go and get it right away.

It's kind of like seeing a movie with many great actors, if someone just told you that there was a movie with those acters, people would want to see it because they have been impressed with their movies before.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
I think the reason people are kicking up a fuss about the fact he's working with E is because he explicitly said the Ultragaff would be his last release with them.

Either way, it doesn't bother me.

Looks like a promising release. :)

-Sam H

It's possible that he changed his mind.

D

Deleted member 2755

It's Wayne's choice. What he does with his releases is up to him. Knowing Wayne's style, I'm sure I'll appreciate this project a lot as many others will. Looking forward to seeing what's on it. I hope there are some things I'll like on it.

-Doug

Jan 28, 2009
Though it is interesting watching Theory11. At the moment I'm seeing more releases from 'Theory11 artists' on E than I have on Theory11. I can safely add Wayne Houchin to that list, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results