Go.Out.Perform.

Jan 5, 2009
Small town Ohio
These are some really good ideas guys!
I'd be happy to submit a few more performance videos for this. just let me know.

I like shakutau's idea of having the descriptions for the effects as well.

Oct 2, 2008
UK
Jinai.deviantart.com
It would look somewhat like this:

[link to the video would go here]

Title of Performance: (IE Breaking minds at the park)
Effects performed: (here you would name all effects done in the video)
Audience: (you could talk about the audience here - age, what they were doing before you went up and shoed them some magic)
The Performance: (here you would talk about what happened overall - how you approached, what you noticed during the performance; the good, the bad, things to work on, what you couldnt get your head around, spectator comments on certain effects/explainations, how you presented your effects in the performance etc)

Its like noting it down on a notebook, but sharing it with the community and evidence to back it up.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert

Audience: (you could talk about the audience here - age, what they were doing before you went up and shoed them some magic)
The Performance: (here you would talk about what happened overall - how you approached, what you noticed during the performance; the good, the bad, things to work on, what you couldnt get your head around, spectator comments on certain effects/explainations, how you presented your effects in the performance etc)

Its like noting it down on a notebook, but sharing it with the community and evidence to back it up.

Okay, im editing the video now, it should be up later, if anyone has any link of himself performing please post it here, I'll refrain from makin a new thread, ill just edit my first post and put the links there instead....

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert

Could you write that on your performance? your opinions on it, it would help a lot, just post it here and Ill add it =)

Thanks for helping friend =)

Oct 2, 2008
UK
Jinai.deviantart.com
What i ment was, if people were to post this, then its would be like submiting to a new post. Each post would provide a link or some critique of other people's video. A new topic should be started.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
What i ment was, if people were to post this, then its would be like submiting to a new post. Each post would provide a link or some critique of other people's video. A new topic should be started.

Ok man, my first performance video is almost up, (like in half an hour) I already have the description of it just like you suggested, I''l post it up then and create the topic, any idea for the name for the topic? it should be something catchy so that other users are interested in seeing them as well =)

EDIT::// in fact the idea of having kinda of like a list ( I know it is going to be long) its because it is easier for users to look for a determined performance of a trick they wanna see, for example, im just uploading a performance I have, doing the the biddle trick, anyway, the thread its for posting the performances and letting other guys to post their comments or suggestions on such things.

Oct 2, 2008
UK
Jinai.deviantart.com
You shouldnt name your video a title of an effect, what if 5 people were doing the biddle trick, and on the list there were 5 biddle tricks? That would be confusing.

Lets called it: Performance Debriefing. I would start the topic, but i dont have any quality videos i can show. So which contradicts myself if i was to start a topic saying we should do my live performances.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
You shouldnt name your video a title of an effect, what if 5 people were doing the biddle trick, and on the list there were 5 biddle tricks? That would be confusing.

Lets called it: Performance Debriefing.

Okay, I got you, anyway, in the debriefing you need to say what trick you are performing right? I completely forgot that, thank you for pointing that out...

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Go_Out.Perform list

Okay, so with help from Shakutau(I hope I got your name right) Cedric taylor and others, we are opening this thread so that we can post performances of tricks or routines to study them, perfect them and give good critics to other performers, it is also a reminder that we need to perform for real people, after all, that's what doing magic is about....

Here is some simple guidelines to post a video...

*the link to it (obviously)

*and as an idea of Shakutau (and Dylan P.) It would help a lot if you could write this along with submitting your video:

Okay, let's begin.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
RDChopper

Go_Out.Perform Trailer??Haha​

Link:http://www.vimeo.com/4709511

"You already forgot your card ain't you?"​

Link:http://www.vimeo.com/4736057

Routine or trick:://The biddle trick

Audience: The girls (and the guy) were about 14 o 15 years old, they were walking along the park.

The Performance: I approached the group and I asked for their help bla bla bla, now there are some things to be pointed out in this performance, wich are the following.

*The natural leader: I learned this from David stone dvd's and boy it is helpul, what you are looking for here is to see who is interacting more than the others, for example the girl in green was one of the first girls that answered back and she was very open from the beggining to help me out, BTW she forgot the card later on..

*Listening: If you see my performances maybe you will catch that I talk a lot during them, that's because I usually listen what they are talking about and use that to further create rapport with them, it helps.

Overall, I think that it was a decent performance But I know that it could have been better, maybe another presentation could work.

Dec 1, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
I posted this a while ago...
http://www.vimeo.com/3976444

Title of Performance: March Performances

Effects performed: Okay let us see.. in the order of the climaxes seen in the video... Various flourishes throughout, Deja Vu, Gravity reveal? (Help me out with the name), Biddle trick, Haunted deck, Balloon Swallowing, ACR (Braun pop up I think), Fork bending, ACR (Erdnase change), Bodyguards, Thread, Pressure and Triumph =D

Audience: Some teens at my school. Various situations, usually I was asked to perform a trick, people wanted to know what was going down and so more people started tuning in.

The Performance: Few of my favorite moments and best reactions (well loudest) I've gotten here, glad I had my camera and cameraman at those times. Uh, I don't really like what I said during pressure, and the fork bending didn't go over as well as I would have hoped but overall I was very pleased with everything, especially how the audience behaves considering the amount of people... no heckling almost at all and those that spoke got shut up by the others quickly, so that's awesome :cool:

So cool idea, I like it and hope to see some awesome performances! :D

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Sam Rochon

March Performances​

Link:http://www.vimeo.com/3976444

Effects performed: Okay let us see.. in the order of the climaxes seen in the video... Various flourishes throughout, Deja Vu, Gravity reveal? (Help me out with the name), Biddle trick, Haunted deck, Balloon Swallowing, ACR (Braun pop up I think), Fork bending, ACR (Erdnase change), Bodyguards, Thread, Pressure and Triumph =D

Audience: Some teens at my school. Various situations, usually I was asked to perform a trick, people wanted to know what was going down and so more people started tuning in.

The Performance: Few of my favorite moments and best reactions (well loudest) I've gotten here, glad I had my camera and cameraman at those times. Uh, I don't really like what I said during pressure, and the fork bending didn't go over as well as I would have hoped but overall I was very pleased with everything, especially how the audience behaves considering the amount of people... no heckling almost at all and those that spoke got shut up by the others quickly, so that's awesome :cool:

So cool idea, I like it and hope to see some awesome performances! :D

Sep 15, 2007
www.myspace.com
Give the thread some time. Although I know for a fact a lot of people on here don't go out and perform. They just use their webcams. I WANT EVERYONE TO PROVE ME WRONG!

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Fritts1223

Spring street magic​

Link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKwJkp2iGbs

Effects performed: Pressure, Torn and Restored, Time machine, Witness, and Stigmata

Audience: Random teenagers at a local park. The spectators were either just sitting around or walking passed me when I approached them.

Performance: The first performance I just approached the girls randomly, trying to be friendly. The other performances were asked for by people asking what I was doing with the camera. Things I noticed were that the audience really reacts strongly to effects that are put into their own hands. I tried to be as natural as I could in my performances. I think that made it much easier for people to open to the magic experience.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results