Go.Out.Perform.

Apr 11, 2009
i will as soon as i can but my vid. cam broke and i dont even have a webcam but economy is bad so i'll have to wait and c when i can show some performances

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Z-Magic

http://vimeo.com/3415175

Title Of Performance: TransPOSITION

Effects Performed: A Transposition Effect As The Title Suggest.

Audience: In The United States Army. About Upper 20's lower 30s. Hanging out at some shops.

The Performance: Two cards magically switch places. A salute to those brave people who fight for our freedom.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://vimeo.com/3230280

Title Of Performance: Sorcerers Apprentice

Effects Performed: Same as above

Audience: Two Guys working at a Crock Shoe Booth at the mall.

The Performance: In this effect, the spectator becomes the magician and figures out my selected playing card.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://vimeo.com/3229933

Title Of Performance: The Biddle Effect

Effects Performed: Same As Above

Audience: A Couple Wandering the mall on valentines day.

The Performance: There card Vanishes from my hand and goes upside down in the deck.
http://vimeo.com/3229824

Title Of Performance: Inked!

Effects Performed: Stained Skin

Audience: Again Some People Wandering the mall and a huge crowd to the right of me!

The Performance: a card prediction goes permanent! Hope I'm Not Wrong!
http://vimeo.com/3229712

Title Of Performance: Card To Mouth

Effects Performed: Hand To Mouth

Audience: 3 Girls And A Random guy lol

The Performance: A chosen card pops into my mouth.
Z-Magic said:
http://vimeo.com/4143233

Title Of Performance: Open Your Eyes

Effects Performed: None. Just Reactions.

Audience: All Ages.

The Performance: A Reactions Montage.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 31, 2007
Rahat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOJBpAfiUJ4

Title of Performance: Card Sharpie by Rahat

Effects performed: Card Sharpie

Audience:I was doing magic for friends and members at FBLA.

The Performance: I performed this about 2 years ago. It is a simple card revelation. This effect shows that something simple like this will play big.

Oct 2, 2008
UK
Jinai.deviantart.com
That was motivation aJohnson, it wasn't a spiteful comment.

C'mon now, we're on the same boat here.

Btw people, when you were performing, did you not encounter any difficulties? Not only your part, with the method, patter etc, but the audience part as well - how well were they listening to your requests, did they go crazy and ask for the deck to be checked personally? Were they skeptical about your effects? Do they think you're using double cards? These should be shared with us too, so that everybody can expound on the way they perform. Don't just talk about the good, talk more of the bad too.

Damn, i wish i had that crap video of me doing the 2CM.

Dec 7, 2008
UK, Birmingham
Z-Magic ur card to mouth was insane, i dont think anyone could do it better. even though i knew what u was going to do i saw a surprised as ur audience. i also liked the sorcerers apprentice, i have never seen that one before.

Sep 15, 2007
www.myspace.com
Z-Magic ur card to mouth was insane, i dont think anyone could do it better. even though i knew what u was going to do i saw a surprised as ur audience. i also liked the sorcerers apprentice, i have never seen that one before.

Hey Thanks Man! What's funny is that if you watch the girl in the middle she looks up as I put the card in my mouth and doesn't even notice! lol :D

Dec 7, 2008
UK, Birmingham
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwmqOpilYjo

Title of Performance: what not to do

Effects performed: ACR, four aces, biddle, triumph

Audience:age from 15-16, one was tipsy the rest where sober.

The Performance:simple i rushed, that day i got in a mode that i had to get to the punch line before they get bored. really i should trust in my self and past performances. i didnt realise i was going so fast until i watch the performance. this was one of the worst performances of that day. some of the best didnt get recorded as ppl didnt want to. the reaction was good, i control the audience, even the guy who was sitting down could of seen under that cards but i controlled his attention. ,not the best reaction i have got but good ones. i used humor to get them to open up so im not just a strange guy with cards, but in a way that it wouldnt affect the effect.
i could of done much better with he patter i rushed and couldnt get some words out

Oct 2, 2008
UK
Jinai.deviantart.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwmqOpilYjo

Title of Performance: what not to do

Effects performed: ACR, four aces, biddle, triumph

Audience:age from 15-16, one was tipsy the rest where sober.

The Performance:simple i rushed, that day i got in a mode that i had to get to the punch line before they get bored. really i should trust in my self and past performances. i didnt realise i was going so fast until i watch the performance. this was one of the worst performances of that day. some of the best didnt get recorded as ppl didnt want to. the reaction was good, i control the audience, even the guy who was sitting down could of seen under that cards but i controlled his attention. ,not the best reaction i have got but good ones. i used humor to get them to open up so im not just a strange guy with cards, but in a way that it wouldnt affect the effect.
i could of done much better with he patter i rushed and couldnt get some words out

Now everybody, the point of this topic is to help each other critique each other's performance. And get better, the whole point of this topic is to improve, not to talk about how good you were.

For example, theres not a whole load of comments on people's performances, the only thing you see are people's description of their performance, they dont mention the difficulties, things they noticed, things they can work on, etc. They do not debrief themselves much, to be honest.

Everyone's just hasty to show everyone their videos.

And i'll use two people as an example.

First of all is Z magic, in his performance, unlike all the others, he seems confident in his presentation. There's no "Umm" or "Uhh", he doesnt use much fillers, he talks as he is natural, talks as he knows whats going to happen, how the show will be directed. Not lost. Also, he performs slow, nothing fishy. Most people just want to get it over done with, Z takes his time, to reel in slowly the finale. While others just want to dive straight to it.

Now for MentalState. He speaks and communicates with the audience, he mingles. You can see that. He builds rapport. He builds confidence within their minds. His patter seemed to be remembered well, while there are also some filler spots. He messed up on his ACR, but wasn't hesistant to try again, with a little bit of humor. Now when he performed the Biddle, when he was doing the "move", it seemed stiff, unnatural, and on the final part he pulled his hand away real fast. It was....weird. Also the moment he revealed the card in his hand, there was no tension, no build up to it. It was just...show here look at my hand. This is a crucial moment in this effect, but he broke the tension. Also, another critical point in this is where the spectator actually spreads through the deck. But the magician rushed this process, when it was supposed to be...prime time. Nevertheless the reactions were good.

However theres one more thing that can be done before the show continues, he could milk the emotions/reactions. He could have asked questions, for example "What do you think?", he could have milked it some way. Gave context, rather than move onto the next effect.

"You seem to like time travel...get over here!" - Now everybody was in humor, and he milked that. Very good. However, you can see he was rushing, he mixed up his patter, they didnt get time to analyse what was going on. They dont use their logic, they dont question, they just...."Okay you saw what and i agree.". Also, during the moment he "pulled back into time", he should have paused, to amplify tension while explaining a bit more. But instead, he called attention to the wrong arena, which should have been the deck and not the card in the spectator's hand. Overall, enjoyable performance to watch.

This is the sort of stuff we should be doing, hopefully, everyone can start ripping people apart. For improvement. For the Greater Good.

Oct 2, 2008
UK
Jinai.deviantart.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6olpPBnxu0

Title of Performance: Strangeness at Graffiti/Street Art Exibition

Effects performed: Simple Keycard Location, and 2CM

Audience: The people i performed for were grown up Guys, i believe around 22 ish. They were just standing about chatting and laughing with each other. I thought i'd give this easy going group a try. I asked them whether they were enjoying their time, they said they were, so i used some humor on the side, then went onto introducing them to some magic.

The Performance: In my opinion, the whole performance went smooth. It was fun for me to have approached them, fun for them to have joked around with us; it was a pleasant group to perform for, all the way through. It wasn't just, "Wanna see some stuff? Okay here look." kinda thing. Everything was easy going. I believe the Art Exibition helped a lot to set the mood, as they have been prepared to have a good time with a good place to experience this in.

The first effect performed was no problem, there were no barriers to communication, for the magician and spectator. And it was a good thing that Spectator one (Mike) talked and joked a lot too, it was easym just slip up and play around with them, and for tension to be built up.

The second effect didn't go as well, as when it came near to the climax of the effect, Spectator 2 (Jinx) turned the card over too soon. I should have worked on preventing him from doing that before i did the "move". I thought that was it for me, but the reactions from Mike helped amplify that first changed card, which gave me enough reason to show the second changed card. Thanks to Mike, he turned my mistake into a miracle.

The only problem i have now is to try and work on milking reactions, to mingle with them. For example after an effect, i should spent just a few more moments stimulating that reaction, instead of just leading them into the next effect. Also i need to look people in the eye when im talkin to them. I dont know how that happened but, i looked shy in the video. Also i need to speak up.

Oct 22, 2008
Out of curiosity how do you know that youtube magicians don't perform for real people?

Sorry to bring back all the way from page one but I agree with copperfield here. You have no clue if people on youtube also perform live. I mean I do some youtube or vimeo vids but I also always perform live I just don't tape it all the time like some of you. I find it makes the spectators uncomfortable and they don't know how to react in front of a camera and it's a bit akward for them. IMO

-Jake

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results