The Main Event: A True "Astonishment"

Aug 18, 2008
This contest is officially over...

For those remaining participants, give thanks to the people who won't keep their mouths shut...

Saw that one coming...sucks for everyone who got suckered into wasting their time\

"This isn't a scam or fake, don't worry, that would be a waste of my time, and believe me... I have little of it."

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 30, 2008

For those remaining participants, give thanks to the people who won't keep their mouths shut...

I knew it.

"First off I want to say I am a guy who lives up to their words and promises."

You let people down.

May 31, 2008

I understand that you are frustrated with "the people who won't keep their mouth shut."

I have no opinion on that to be stated in this post, however It is beyond unfair that you have cancelled a contest just because of the words of a few people. That doesn't make you anymore mature than you perceive them to be.

You are doing nothing except punishing a small group of people who have done nothing except respect you.

Please reconsider you choice.

Jan 13, 2008
I understand that you are frustrated with "the people who won't keep their mouth shut."

I have no opinion on that to be stated in this post, however It is beyond unfair that you have cancelled a contest just because of the words of a few people. That doesn't make you anymore mature than you perceive them to be.

You are doing nothing except punishing a small group of people who have done nothing except respect you.

Please reconsider you choice.
I would echo these statements. It's kind of to be expected that some people would say the things they do, when they're not in the running for a prize (of any kind, whether it be the TA set, which was still up for grabs, or the $25 T11 gift prize), as they have nothing to lose and don't mind venting their frustration/jealousy/whatever, especially when given the fodder of seeing the immediate prize drop from a $300 magic DVD set to a $25 gift card (note the word "immediate", as I realize the TA set was still a prize).

Had it been those who are in the running for the prize saying these things (myself, DaveyG, and Close-Up Expert), I would agree completely with shutting down the contest. But, as it stands, we've done nothing but comply with the rules...so it's kind of silly that other people, who we have no control over, are the deciding factor on whether we get to continue with the contest.

I don't know; I suppose that, in the end, it's you who are holding the contest, so it's really in your hands. :)

I'm going to have to go along with what's been said in the past two replies.

You can't look at your history of being late to your own deadlines, dissaearing for days on end with no communication to your contenders, changing the prize support so suddenly at the last minute, and expect people who are not in the finals of the event to just accept it and keep quiet.

All things considered, this event has been mismanaged. It is what it is.

Frankly, the reactions we've seen here are to be expected. However just shutting this down and pulling the final rug out from under your three finalist who have been nothing but understanding this far I think is as immature as you label the others to be.

Nov 26, 2008
I'm not frustrated, jealous or whatever. I already have the TA set and $25 amounts to about £17 which isn't a big deal. I didn't even enter the contest either. Surely if you are running a competition and it's coming to a head, if you were sincere about giving the prize away then you would make sure it was available to be sent out.

Nov 10, 2007
Virginia
After taken everything said into consideration... I will continue this contest...

I have received all of your submissions and will announce the results later today!

Nov 10, 2007
Virginia
First off, like I said before, the contest is going to continue and the prize will be the PH True Astonishment set. It will take about 3-4 weeks for me to get it from my house back in Norfolk though, for I am away at college.

Second, I wanted to apologize for the way I acted. I know people have been criticizing me and calling me a scam, and I may have came off that way, BUT I'm not. I shouldn't have called everybody out the way I did, so let's get that off our chests.

So, as I said earlier, the 2 finalists we be announced at 6-7 PM EST. Be there and see who comes one step closer to winning one of the most astonishing (pun intended) sets of all time!

Dec 30, 2008
Second, I wanted to apologize for the way I acted. I know people have been criticizing me and calling me a scam, and I may have came off that way, BUT I'm not. I shouldn't have called everybody out the way I did, so let's get that off our chests.

Thank you, I'm sorry if I've jumped to conclusions or if I've offended you.

Love,

Nickerus

May 31, 2008
First off, like I said before, the contest is going to continue and the prize will be the PH True Astonishment set. It will take about 3-4 weeks for me to get it from my house back in Norfolk though, for I am away at college.

So, as I said earlier, the 2 finalists we be announced at 6-7 PM EST. Be there and see who comes one step closer to winning one of the most astonishing (pun intended) sets of all time!

Thank you very much, I appreciate it.

Nov 10, 2007
Virginia
After much consideration and thinking, I have chosen the final 2 participants for the contest...

They are:
cm763 and Close-Up Expert

Thank you DaveyG for participating! It's been a blast!

Details for the final stage of the competition will be revealed tomorrow between 5-6 PM EST. Remember, you don't have to be there at that time...

Until then....

Jan 13, 2008
After much consideration and thinking, I have chosen the final 2 participants for the contest...

They are:
cm763 and Close-Up Expert

Thank you DaveyG for participating! It's been a blast!

Details for the final stage of the competition will be revealed tomorrow between 5-6 PM EST. Remember, you don't have to be there at that time...

Until then....
Thanks again. :)

And I'll be here tomorrow night, to see what's going down.

May 31, 2008
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What were your guys' words?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results