Psycho - Box Monster Inspired Effect

Likenthrope

Banned
Jan 31, 2009
Well, for the record i am saying the hair jokes with a good nature behind it.

See, i actually have these shoes that are a few years old, and they are pretty terrible looking. I bet if i had your hair and my shoes i could probably pickpocket our own Apollo Robbins myself, WITH him expecting me to.

Dude your killing me!!! ROFLMAO!!!!!

Jun 29, 2009
Ooooo i got another one:

I wouldn't even have to try to pickpocket Apollo Robbins. All i need to do is ask him for his money, and because of the shoes and hair -- he will be nodding "Yes"

Think about it...

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
There is nothing funny about it though. Jokes at other peoples expense never interests me.
Dont you think we have enough pointless posts in these forums?Which take up 90% percent of this damn place.

Jun 29, 2009
There is nothing funny about it though. Jokes at other peoples expense never interests me.
Dont you think we have enough pointless posts in these forums?Which take up 90% percent of this damn place.

Okay you're reminding me alot of the old man down the street sitting on his porch with a shotgun, and its kinda creepin me out.

I don't intend on angering people, but in all fairness you do have a choice whether to read my posts or not, you are warned by the name above the post before having to scroll down any further. I even have my name at the bottom of my signature just in case you're scrolling up!

And for the record, your past several posts haven't been beneficial to the discussion of the trick. You're attempting to do a job that wasn't designated to you. If that logic played out in the real world then i would be a doctor AND a lawyer.

Sep 1, 2007
Porthcawl, Wales.
Getting back on to topic, as this isn't or shouldn't be a forum where you fill threads with mindless comments which are neither constructive or relevant.

I like the effect, mainly because, there is no gimmicks. This is rare for card rise, out of a box that looks as good as this.

However the editing needs to be worked on but as for a first attempt, it's pretty good. Geraint, you show a good understanding of some of the key elements regarding editing style. On the other hand, there are some things that need to be worked up on i.e the amount of text on the screen.

Cheers,

Lloyd

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I like it. I'd really like to see a straight-through performance, though. Though you say it's impromptu and all that, the cutaways make it seem like you're doing the difficult work behind a cut because you can't get away with it while being watched.

But, if it's as clean as it seems to be, I'd seriously considering paying for a trick like that.

May 31, 2008

Yeah guys c'mon. It's ok to make a joke, but make a useful post to go along with it.

Jun 29, 2009
-Leave the box open, raise the card, and then close the box with your "mind"

Then it would be an extremely cool effect. It would actually look like the card wanted to show itself, then go back into the box.

I do not recall anyone responding to this. I feel like working with this idea can make a really neat trick, as the video itself actually has lots of potential.

To restate what i'm saying:

Start with them picking a card and putting it back in the deck. You put the deck in the box, let them examine it, and then when you take the box back, it opens itself, the card rises, and then lowers back into the box and closes itself.

Now if that can be done, it would truly be amazing.

I do not recall anyone responding to this. I feel like working with this idea can make a really neat trick, as the video itself actually has lots of potential.

To restate what i'm saying:

Start with them picking a card and putting it back in the deck. You put the deck in the box, let them examine it, and then when you take the box back, it opens itself, the card rises, and then lowers back into the box and closes itself.

Now if that can be done, it would truly be amazing.

That is entirely possible.
The method allows it :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results