Derren Brown: The Events

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
That was very impressive, as always, but I expected nothing less. I couldn't help but laugh when he just stood there with a shocked expression on his face. Derren, you sly dog. And congratulations to DB and Nyman are seconded.

Sep 1, 2007
Porthcawl, Wales.
This was brilliant!! And so damn clean! For a while there I couldn't figure it out (and didn't want to!) but I have worked out the method now and to be honest this makes me appreciate this prediction so much more! Incredible Mr. Brown. Bravo!

Now, bring on Fridays Events!!!

Lloyd

Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England
On the lamppost he passes there are 5 stickers with numbers on. These appear to be 4, 25, 0, 6, and 47.

Wherever you saw them, look a bit closer. Surely he didn't put the prediction in the actual advert? They could be the numbers.

EDIT: Nah, never mind.

But what do you guys make of the video playing here?

http://derrenbrown.channel4.com/

What's he holding at the end?

-Sam

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 12, 2008
Kendal
Nah they're not the numbers on the lampost - I checked. However those numbers did serve a purpose in the form of getting across the idea of the lottery to those geeks of us who actually watched the advert more than twenty times. Like the others I have some ideas of how he did it, but I'll bet they are wrong, or if they're not wrong, Derren will 'reveal' the method to be something else. It won't be practicle. You can bet on that. Like the system you won't be able to go out and do it...

May 1, 2009
UK
The Events

Did he reveal how he did it tonight?

No he didn't reveal the real method, hopefully it will be on youtube for you guys if I find a link I'll add it here. It as also ways was an excellent show, the third explanation was the best & he said 'If anyone asks me how did I predict the lottery, I'll reply it's just a trick'. to understand this you need to see the show. As its late here in the UK I'll post what happend or try my best to find a link for you all.

Feb 6, 2009
The man is a presentational genius. Find anyone else get an hour show out of essentially one effect. Brilliant TV and well worth a watch if you get the chance. Roll on next week :D

Jul 12, 2008
Kendal
Derren Brown has proven that the trick itself is all but immaterial as long as you can present it. I think putting David Blaine *spits* on straight afterwards was a mistake because it really really emphasised the difference in showmanship. What would usually have been an faintly interesting program was boring by comparison to Derren's genius and so Randomwrath and I switched it off.
God bless Derren Brown. :p

Oct 24, 2008
Savannah, GA
Anyone else visit any non-magic forums where people are discussing this and driving themselves up multiple walls discussing various methods and explanations? It's awesome stuff.

I'm all set to watch the reveal later tonight, but I've read in lots of places that it was kind of disappointing, giving Derren's reputation. That it was a little too obviously-fake-showmanship, as opposed to his other specials. Still looking forward to this, though!

Jul 12, 2008
Kendal
Put it this way: Usually it is only magicians who think he is probably bull****ting his way through most shows (like with the twenty questions game), but in this he actually invites everyone to accuse him of bull****ting. The poor laymen don't know what hit them :p

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results