Spin | Matt Sconce

Nov 5, 2007
Here is a quote from someone who just bought this at E.

I have purchased a lot of things from this site and I'll say this is one of the best. You can do it IMMEDIATELY. And as others have said, no gimmicks, strings, magnets, NOTHING. No angles. No clean up. Simple and great, which is the best kind of magic.

Nov 5, 2007
This is a great story from someone who bought SPIN:

At work the other day there was a new woman in the office. We sat down for a meeting with several others. I had seen the woman and spoken to her a few times and wanted to get to know her. Before the meeting got into full swing I asked her if she was intuitive or psychic. She didn't seem to think so. I told her I was getting a 'vibe' from her and would she mind trying something with me. I got ready and placed my pen on the curved top of the teleconference phone. I took her hand in mine (grin) and asked her to use the power of her mind and spirit (it didn't sound that corny then). I guided her hand toward the pen, but paused for a second to get everyones attention. Then slowly moved our hands, with my other hand playing the opposite side of the pen for effect. The pen slowly began to move, then jumped off the phone. She jerked her hand back and let out a little gasp. "How did you do that"? I told her she did it, I was just the conduit.

The effect was great, but it backfired on me. I think I creeped her out.

I really like Spin, see me grin.

Oct 9, 2007
Australia
I don't know how to describe this, but you blew my mind.
I love this so much, I'm actually making myself believe that this is real magic. Incredible and ridiculously fun to perform.

Great Job Matt
Abu

Nov 5, 2007
This is... great....
and interesting shirt by the way. Did you choose it on purpose?

Glad you like it. I did indeed choose the shirt on purpose as it means "Moores Karate" I have trained in the martial arts since second grade and have a black belt in three different styles. Moore's Karate is the most powerful I have ever scene. When you learn the techniques it feels like magic, just like SPIN, hence the shirt. :)

Have fun with SPIN! -Matt

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
Glad you like it. I did indeed choose the shirt on purpose as it means "Moores Karate" I have trained in the martial arts since second grade and have a black belt in three different styles. Moore's Karate is the most powerful I have ever scene. When you learn the techniques it feels like magic, just like SPIN, hence the shirt. :)

Have fun with SPIN! -Matt

Oh. Thats why.
Haha
It is originally a chinese character which means touch, feel, or any synonym of that. But the pronunciation of it is actually similiar to Moore... sneaky... I thought that was the reason. Works either way though.

Nov 5, 2007
Oh. Thats why.
Haha
It is originally a chinese character which means touch, feel, or any synonym of that. But the pronunciation of it is actually similiar to Moore... sneaky... I thought that was the reason. Works either way though.

Awesome. Good to know! :)

Here is a fun story for you guys from a magician who recently performed this:

On 2010-01-31 01:03, palmtreemagic! wrote:
Ok so story performing Spin. Just came back from the bar recently and performed Spin. I borrowed a Bic pen from the bar and borrowed someone's chapstick and balanced the ready to go pen on the chapstick. I sat a good 3 seats from the chapstick at this point. I asked a young woman if she wanted to help me do the trick so I told her to make a spinning motion with her fingers. I told her she was a pro. She approached the pen and made a spinning motion on top of the pen. The pen started spinning like crazy and did almost 3 loops on one motion. The crowd went wild. I eventually approached the pen and did some pro spinning and got the pen to fall off onto the table. Crowd of 20ish went completely wild. One of the greatest bar magic performances of my life! Doing this trick, or better yet having a spectator do the trick, feels like real magic!

Nov 5, 2007
Hello everyone.

I was recently in the bank, opening a new checking account when the lady behind the desk commented about my business-Magician and Filmmaker. I picked up her pen and asked her if I could use her computer mouse. (It was then I prepared the pen) I then set the pen down on her mouse and told her to watch carefully. I pressed my hands toward the pen and slowly, slowly it begin to move. It picked up speed, whipping around through a complete 360 degree revolution then another 180 before falling onto the desk next to her. She stared at me with an amazed and creeped out stare. "How did you do that?" She exclaimed. "Let me see your hands!" I of course showed her my hands, and my sleeves had been rolled up already. She stared for a moment then said..."Wow..I am totally freaked out." I smiled and thanked her for opening our account then my wife, two year old baby girl and I walked out, leaving a speechless and entertained bank employee in our wake. I love this effect.

If you are having any trouble getting the results you see on the DVD please send me a PM. I begin chapter three discussing a surface that will not work with SPIN. Please include that surface in your PM and I will send you the SPIN troubleshooting guide. Most people have had no issue getting SPIN to work powerfully, but for the few who have, the guide has helped them greatly. Best wishes! -Matt Sconce

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Thanks! You should have seen her face! She was BURNING my hands and saw nothing of course. :) -Matt

That's the beauty of this effect, they can BURN your hands ALL THEY WANT... and find NOTHING!

Also, to everybody else, don't underestimate or overlook this one... it's a practical, and powerful anytime, anywhere effect! And as Matt has said, it WILL blow their minds!

Nov 5, 2007
That's the beauty of this effect, they can BURN your hands ALL THEY WANT... and find NOTHING!

Also, to everybody else, don't underestimate or overlook this one... it's a practical, and powerful anytime, anywhere effect! And as Matt has said, it WILL blow their minds!

Hey thanks!

Here are some thing people are spinning that rock.

Credit cards

Bic Lighters

all the things I spin in the video.

A hammer...yep, you can SPIN a hammer. -Matt Sconce

Feb 3, 2010
cant do spin. for exposure reasons, i will only say i think it has something to do with my location ?

i'm from singapore too and it never did work for me even once.
i have got the troubleshooting guide from matt already. (thanks again)

followed everything and still not working.
i'm starting to think it's cos of our location.

anyone else not being able to do it located in the malaysia/thailand/singapore region?

Apr 27, 2009
Hey guys im from germany.
i do magic since a few years, and i am sorry, i do not linke many tricks from ellusionist and some from t11.
but i like matt sconce. yeah, i really enjoyed Poer word: fall, it was great, and more practible than i thought in the beginning of learning the method, but spin is pure awesome!
i mean it is direct, simple, and absolutely clean. nobody could reveal it, because there are no gimmicks used. (i know it is said before but i like to say it again :p)
u know, u can sit there (at work, in lesson, anywhere)..you grab a pen, you grab a bottle, u concentrate, and voila, the pen is spinning!
great work, matt!
i just do have a personal question, to you matt. ;)
did you find the method out by yourself or was there anybody who told you? (i know it sounds strange, but i would be glad to hear;))
so, greatings to everyone,
nils :)

Nov 5, 2007
Hey guys im from germany.
i do magic since a few years, and i am sorry, i do not linke many tricks from ellusionist and some from t11.
but i like matt sconce. yeah, i really enjoyed Poer word: fall, it was great, and more practible than i thought in the beginning of learning the method, but spin is pure awesome!
i mean it is direct, simple, and absolutely clean. nobody could reveal it, because there are no gimmicks used. (i know it is said before but i like to say it again :p)
u know, u can sit there (at work, in lesson, anywhere)..you grab a pen, you grab a bottle, u concentrate, and voila, the pen is spinning!
great work, matt!
i just do have a personal question, to you matt. ;)
did you find the method out by yourself or was there anybody who told you? (i know it sounds strange, but i would be glad to hear;))
so, greatings to everyone,
nils :)

Thanks for the kind words and I am glad SPIN is working so well for you over there in Germany. As I mention in the DVD. SPIN uses an old method I have known for years, as many magicians have. Some have developed tricks based on that method and done quite well. I credit those magicians in the DVD as SPIN stands on their shoulders. I wanted to take it to another level by pushing that method to it's limit, focusing on doing more than ever before. So SPIN is an exploration into a well known method that takes it to a place no one has seen it go before. It was fun to make and many people are having a blast with it which makes me happy. Have fun and keep enjoying SPIN!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results