David Blaine NEW trick

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
I actually perform this same effect the same way. Nice to see DB do it :D It is so hard to believe David Blaine was actually in Haiti 10 years ago performing magic. Congrats on DB for his relief efforts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Ive never seen any magician do this nevermind David Blaine... But I came across the video and wondered what this tricks called and where I can learn it from. I dont think David has done this in his street magic specials so hopefully its a new trick for his street magic. Where can I learn this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnAxtZN4HjE&feature=related
PS: Its the 2nd trick

theres tons of effects that are like this. Quite old effects.
My favorite would have to be from Daniel Madisons collateral notes.

May 3, 2008
You guys need to realize that there is no specific effect that he performed. There are countless types of inversion effects out there. It's like seeing someone perform an ACR and assume there's only one way to do it.

And by the way this looks a lot live perversion by Chris Kenner.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
That's crazy. I like how he dropped a card and said don't worry about it. .

I recommend anyone to do it here.
If you bend down to pick it up it in the middle of your show,it makes one look like a dunderhead. Say dont worry about it and carry on as if it was nothing.
They'll take you more seriously

Jun 26, 2009
NY
kinda looks like he combined some stuff for sure.

You can watch it a bunch more and figure it out yo.
just think about it.

but yeah as said above, D&D got some stuff on it and tudor as well
Looks like Instant replay in the beginning type of thing goin on

Jun 26, 2009
NY
anyone know the change he uses? it looks almost like a pass, but that dont make sense. anybody?

Hes shifting the top card to the bottom real quick, one card shift, just use your fingers and rip the top card down to the bottom of the deck fast (facing the same way) pretty sure thats what it is bro
You can here the scraping in the vid, covers the sounds a little with a riffle
pretty cool though

Sep 20, 2009
Dorian Rhodell has one in his Avenue DVD, which by the way is a great disk.

it's called AFI.. Another F****** Inversion

Jan 31, 2010
Hes shifting the top card to the bottom real quick, one card shift, just use your fingers and rip the top card down to the bottom of the deck fast (facing the same way) pretty sure thats what it is bro
You can here the scraping in the vid, covers the sounds a little with a riffle
pretty cool though

This is what I thought too. Notice how the fan is really tight, only showing white. The top card is facedown obviously, but everything is else is faceup.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results