David Blaine NEW trick

Jan 27, 2010
Orlando fl.
Is something that david never uses normally

There are certain effects that David never uses this effect is one of them. But is basically like the Ego change from Daniel garcia Project 1,2, and 3.

Mar 13, 2010
I could be wrong but...Right before he does it he kinda does something with the deck before it goes out of view and i think he may be flipping the last card over so that when the man puts the card in the deck there is only one face down card ( the top) over the rest of the deck which is face up. From there i think he does a Cardini Change? I think? The one where you pull the top card to the bottom with your middle, ring and pinky?

For Your Interest: Inversion

Ooootay, it is amazing to me to see so many guys here that are blown away by the inversion plot. This is a classic routine of card magic. The fact that several people here had never seen it (or quoted a Dan and Dave product for it) is disheartening for me.

The effect of a card reversing in the pack is old as dirt. I don't know if anyone really knows who first published this effect. Methods track all the way back to Expert Card Technique, and surely long before that. James Lewis later came up with the effect of the entire deck reversing around a face down card and published it as "Inversion", in "Encore 3". However, Richard Kaufman published the same idea earlier than Lewis, but "Inversion" has a little more finesse than Richard's routine. Several great handlings of this plot can be found in "The Magic Of Michael Ammar" which includes a handling by Piet Forton and two routines by Ammar, himself.

Now, the Inversion plot as we know it today was made popular by Chris Kenner's "Perversion" in "Totally Out Of Control". To my knowledge this was the first routine that was published which included several reverses of a selected card before the effect of the entire deck flipping over. It is fairly safe to say that most magicians who perform this plot today do it because of Kenner's routine, either in a direct or indirect fashion.

Let me be clear, I do not pretend that I knew all of this off the top of my head. I knew some of this information, but names and exact references get cloudy with time. If you were to look on my bed right now you'd see several books scattered about from my researching of this effect.

Hope that helps,

-C

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 8, 2007
The effect in the clip is Bill Kalush's "The Fidgeting Card."

You can see Mr. Kalush perform it here. It's published in John Luka's book "L.I.N.T." as well as on the video tape series "Secret Sessions."

I could be wrong but...Right before he does it he kinda does something with the deck before it goes out of view and i think he may be flipping the last card over so that when the man puts the card in the deck there is only one face down card ( the top) over the rest of the deck which is face up. From there i think he does a Cardini Change? I think? The one where you pull the top card to the bottom with your middle, ring and pinky?

Yeah totaally agree the fan in tight and the deck is face down and looks like he does a cardini to get the last card to the bottom great effect, Just through watching his magic specials like over and over again ive kind of worked out most of thee effects.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results