Wow I Can't Believe This

Jun 10, 2010
Here are my answers to your complaints:

- I mention my teacher because otherwise people may ask me things about the book/DVD, where ''I'' got it from, etc. This way everyone understands I didn't buy it, I just borrowed it.
- I'm 14, I've only been in magic for two years, idiot questions are allowed.
- I agree I don't own them. That doesn't mean that I haven't borrowed it for MONTHS at a time and PERFORMED it for many different people.
- Welcome to the internet, nobody gives a rat's ass about your grammar
- I need an example for that one, I must've forgotten.

Dude, seriously, that defeats the point. The point of not exposing/pirating material is so when YOU LEARN THE MATERIAL, the CREATOR earns MONEY to put some ****ING FOOD on the table. When you borrow their material for a few days or even a week or two, that's okay. For MONTHS is practically owning the book and learning half the material. You're just as much of an *******. More so, even, since you seriously think they're different concepts entirely and don't end with the same result.

We get the point about your teacher. Nobody give's a RAT'S ASS about what the **** your teacher does. We know about him now, quit moaning his ****ing name over the internet. Idiot questions are allowed, but yours don't count as idiotic. They're ignorant. If you ask an idiot question because it's legit, fine. I can understand. When you ask a COMPLETELY ****ING RETARDED QUESTION, no, I could give a **** less. Go buy $500 worth of playing cards and impractical magic from E, idiot.

Your grammar comment shows you CLEARLY don't want to come across as somewhat professional to the magic community.

Your last sarcastic "example" just shows how much of a fail you are.

By the way, Casey is a moderator because:
-He is mature and kind
-He actually helps the forum, not just clutters it with meaningless threads
-He can actually type correctly
-He's not a little piece of !@#$ (I'm looking at you, Mehar)

Want more reasons? PM me. I'm not sure how many characters I can post but I don't want to push it.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
-He is mature and kind

Want more reasons? PM me. I'm not sure how many characters I can post but I don't want to push it.

Please, please, please keep me out of this argument. I don't want to be a part of child's play.

Jun 10, 2010
Please, please, please keep me out of this argument. I don't want to be a part of child's play.

I know, I am. He asked a question, although the answer was fairly obvious, yet I bestowed my kindness... on... him... and... gave... him... the... answer...

^Elite Prestidigitation imitation win.

does anyone on this site want anything thats NOT magic related:/

Theres more to life then magic and cards, and to be honest, letting go of them a little bit will probably improve you in the long run.

Jun 10, 2010
does anyone on this site want anything thats NOT magic related:/

Theres more to life then magic and cards, and to be honest, letting go of them a little bit will probably improve you in the long run.

Dan, I love how you say this now, but when I will ask you to put down Erdnase for a year, you will flip a **** and sleep with Erdnase under your pillow for fear of me taking it at night. :D

That joke died off a couple of weeks ago. Yes I love the book, and whenever I do magic I usually read it. But I'll be the first to let you know that cards make up about an hour of my day, around 11 at night when i'm done living for the day. As I said before, there's more to Christmas and life than magic.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
That joke died off a couple of weeks ago. Yes I love the book, and whenever I do magic I usually read it. But I'll be the first to let you know that cards make up about an hour of my day, around 11 at night when i'm done living for the day. As I said before, there's more to Christmas and life than magic.

Quoted again. I talk to Dan almost everyday and most of the time he isn't with his cards. He has an actual job, earns money, ect. The joke died, so let's get over this shall we?

Dude, seriously, that defeats the point. The point of not exposing/pirating material is so when YOU LEARN THE MATERIAL, the CREATOR earns MONEY to put some ****ING FOOD on the table. When you borrow their material for a few days or even a week or two, that's okay. For MONTHS is practically owning the book and learning half the material. You're just as much of an *******. More so, even, since you seriously think they're different concepts entirely and don't end with the same result.

We get the point about your teacher. Nobody give's a RAT'S ASS about what the **** your teacher does. We know about him now, quit moaning his ****ing name over the internet. Idiot questions are allowed, but yours don't count as idiotic. They're ignorant. If you ask an idiot question because it's legit, fine. I can understand. When you ask a COMPLETELY ****ING RETARDED QUESTION, no, I could give a **** less. Go buy $500 worth of playing cards and impractical magic from E, idiot.

Your grammar comment shows you CLEARLY don't want to come across as somewhat professional to the magic community.

Your last sarcastic "example" just shows how much of a fail you are.

-He is mature and kind

About the creator getting money etc:

I'm fully up for the creator getting the money he deserves. With that said, what would you like me to do? Spent $50/hr on my tutor then on top of that spend an extra $X on DVDS/books? Also, when I give my teacher money, money means he could buy ANOTHER product form that guy or a new magician who's starting out.

I'm still waiting for a thread where you can show me where I "moan" his name on the internet.

Nobody is asking YOUR opinion on the things that I want to shop for. I'm asking the people who aren't dicks and will give me some helpful insight.

Again, a 14 year old who's coming here for ADVICE and HELP isn't going to sound like Casey, someone who already is professional. You're forgetting, I'm not a professional yet, and never said I am.

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? You seem really angry and up-tight about everything. You're one of the few (if not the only person) that have some sort of hatred towards me.

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
I just got home from work and hanging with my girlfriend and some friends and wow this thread has a lot of pages now!

Saborfang...you have no business going off like that. That was just uncalled for. I cannot for the life of me find where ANY of what you posted about me is true or applies to me.

Sure, I ask a lot of questions.
Sure, I post alot about my performances.
Sure, I may get on your nerves with my posts but I will tell you this...

I was always told in school that the kid that asks questions and actually practices and applies what he is learning is the one that is going to pass the class. I am graduating high school early because of that, and believe it or not, I am a great magician now, and will continue to progress because I ask questions.

Also someone mentioned above about asking for other things besides magic...it was in my OP! I am asking for a stereo system for my truck!

Oh and also....EGG NOG is the BEST! haha!

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
I wonder the same thing. I simply posted this to get some conversation going.

90% of what you post is posted to bring more attention to yourself. Rarely have you started a post or contributed to a post without the need to mention one of your gigs and how awesome it went, how much money you got, the next big gig that you booked, etc...

You are graduating early? You are a great magician? SO WHAT? Telling us these things is for what? You said you didn't know what I was trying to say with my last post about humility? Seriously? You mention that your teacher told you the importance of asking questions, but perhaps you should go back and listen to the teachers that tell you not to brag and show off to others. Continue down this path and someone is going to lay you out in University. Especially since you are graduating early and can get there sooner now right?

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
I don't brag and show off. I am simply proud of myself. I do post on other people's threads and try to help FYI. And so what if I post about my gigs? I do that because people tell me that they are going to go bad and be horrible and low and behold, they are awesome. I definately do not always post about my gigs or always about something I did. There are quite a few posts I made simply asking about products or tips for working on my routining because I am having problems. In fact, I was talking to someone else on another thread the other day about an effect he recomended not working for me. I wasn't getting reactions. He helped tremendously. I am not perfect....far from it....I am just proud of who I am.

And no one is going to "lay me out" in College. I am a very likeable person, and most people are cool with me. The ones that aren't, for whatever reason, I simply let them think what they want.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Man, I just read this last page, lol'd quite hard, and felt compelled to read the rest of the thread for laughs.

a) I feel for a lot of parents right about now. Not only do you have to spend a lot on your kids, you evidently don't have a lot to show for it...

b) sabor's response was rather extreme, and I don't condone it, but that doesn't mean that the gist of what he's saying isn't right, either. But having read this thread, I have been convinced that nothing I say will help in that regard, and I don't care enough to try, so...

c) RK - I respect the things you've done. I can also understand being proud of yourself. You should be - it sounds like you have had some pretty cool experiences. A lot of people have had interesting experiences. You have to be aware though - this is really important - you have to be aware of how you sound, though. The truth is that people are horrible at evaluating their own motivations - and even worse at judging how they come across to other people (as supported by a great deal of scientific evidence). I've been guilty of this - as my girlfriend continually reminds me, to keep me grounded. Pride in particular is a very fine line to walk. There's not much difference between being proud of what you've achieved, and boasting about it; even if it's unintentional.

TokyoUW is one of the more intelligent people on the forums, and I have to say that on face value I agree with what he has to say. You don't have to agree with that - and it's certainly understandable to want to defend yourself. But I do agree with what he says, and on face value, the more of your posts I read, the more self-centred they appear. I hope you understand that I'm not trying to insult or undermine you when I say this.

Take for example that truck comment. I think it's great that you're paying for your own truck. I won't go into my philosophy on these sorts of things, but I think it's great, genuinely good for you. But I hope you can see how that could potentially be taken as boasting, e.g. "Yes, that's right. I'm only 17, but I've done this with my own money. No-one ever does that!"

So all I'm saying is, agree with me or not, please try to think about this for a moment. Pause your argument for a sec - forget for a moment that you're proud of what you do - and critically evaluate what's been said. We're not saying this because we wanted to fabricate something and target you for pleasure. There's a reason behind it, and you should think about that reason. Truth is, you can't just avoid people who don't agree in their assessment of you. Life doesn't work like that. Whether or not you even read this post, life teaches you most of the time, and most of the time it teaches the hard way. I spent the most time on this part of the post because I think it's far more important than magic or money. Although there was a nice page where everyone seemed to agree on the value of Christmas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results