Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
The first change had an audible click to it, which isn't what you want. Your hands looks tightened and unnatural, it's unmotivated, no patter, and it isn't smooth by any means. There are pauses, there is no flow; this is why you should practice it a lot more. I know this isn't what you want to hear but take all of this into mind. It will help you in the long run. Download Jonathan Bayme's 1 on 1 for the change at the link Josh posted. It will help you a ton :)

-Casey

Jul 13, 2009
You got the basic movements down, but you still got a long way to go. First try and mentally relax your hands, whether you know it or not, the tenseness of your muscles is noticeable. Another thing that will come with more practice, is to try and limit the amount you push forward on the card. Also the reveal, either slide the entire deck forward or push the card flush with the deck earlier while it is shielded by your hand.

IDK because, I haven't bought it, but since it has got two thumbs up so far in the thread go and buy J Bayme's 1 on 1 for what I assume is some tips and more hints onto how to make your change smoother and more natural.

Sep 1, 2007
Kid, just stop posting videos and ****ing practice. You've got our attention but you're not doing anything worthwhile with it. You ask for criticism and then whine when you get it.

And for god's sake, stop shooting only your hands. That's what every dip**** wannabe does because they don't have the goddamn talent to carry a conversation for even a nanosecond. That Lamont McGee brat may have sucked at taking criticism and acted like a tool to everyone, but at least he had the sense to tape himself performing for real audiences.

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
Kid, just stop posting videos and ****ing practice. You've got our attention but you're not doing anything worthwhile with it. You ask for criticism and then whine when you get it.

And for god's sake, stop shooting only your hands. That's what every dip**** wannabe does because they don't have the goddamn talent to carry a conversation for even a nanosecond. That Lamont McGee brat may have sucked at taking criticism and acted like a tool to everyone, but at least he had the sense to tape himself performing for real audiences.

To quote Casey: Quoted for truth.

Jul 13, 2009
As do I!

Toby, thank you for the lil bit of an idea. I mean I still flash a little head on, it isn't as noticeable as when nothing is going on and without any type of cover movement.

I wonder what happened to Lamont...maybe he walked through an armored vehicle and got caught.

For those who do not know who Lamont is, he liked to imitate Criss Angel illusions.

Jun 10, 2010
No jokes!! I have said that somewhere around that amount. On these forums, YouTube acc, etc.

No, you haven't.

And no, you did not have people outside the camera shot. If you did, then you need to learn where and how to place yourself for the audience. Either way, you're at a loss. From over half of the camera shots in that video, I could see people all the way 50+ feet away from you doing their own ****, not caring about your Erdnase color change. Okay? 'Nuff said.

Sep 1, 2007
I wonder what happened to Lamont...maybe he walked through an armored vehicle and got caught.

He was banned for talking a lot of smack.

Shall I explain this for.. the tenth time? I had people to the left and right outside of the camera shot.

I haven't seen the video in question, but by the sound of it I'm not missing a goddamn thing.

Jesus, if you people are going to record your performances, would it kill you to learn how to at least frame a half-way decent shot?

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
If you guys are talking about Mehar's video on youtube then I'm gonna try to be helpful. When doing the Classic Color Change, come up closer to your spectator so they can really see what's going on instead of being from a distance. After your closer, don't just walk away, talk to them for about a minute, pass out business cards if you have them. I suggest a trick with a card being signed for a closer and using normal rider back bikes when out and about performing. People will thing that Black Ghosts are trick cards in some way. And when someone is selecting a card, don't do a fan, just spread them out between two hands to make it less awkward selecting a card. I hope I don't sound mean or overly critical, just trying to be helpful. :)

Jun 10, 2010
He was banned for talking a lot of smack.

I haven't seen the video in question, but by the sound of it I'm not missing a goddamn thing.

Jesus, if you people are going to record your performances, would it kill you to learn how to at least frame a half-way decent shot?

Oh, here Steerpike. I'll link you :D.

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJyvCjUl8i0

If you look closely, nobody out of frame to the left or right is there. If there is, that's TERRIBLE recording, in which case I redirect you to the above quoted post.

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
Wow. That is what I could remember off the top of my head. I haven't seen that video in a while and I cannot look at video's on the computer I am using now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results