Please Critique My Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
Mehar, buddy, let me give you a friendly advice on this "I already talked about the 10 yards of personal space. That's not ''personal space,'' I stood that far back because there were people behind me and to the sides."

If you are doing classic color change (aka. erdnase color change), you shouldn't be far away from your audience. The fact that you moved back couple of steps just made everything weaker. Those people that were to the side and behind you still didn't see anything, at least not as clear as you want your magic to be. And on top of that, you made it harder for the actuall spectators who you were performing for to see and enjoy magic.
What you should have done is stay close to your spectators, finish the effect for them, let them enjoy it in it's fullest, and then approach that group to the side or behind, and be personal with them.

I don't understand what you and Steerpike are talking about when you say I'm not taking criticism, I am completely.

Know when and where to do magic, and how to ****ing record. - I said any practice is good practice too that because when I'm out performing my magic, I'm learning the when and where, when I record my first video, I'm learning how to record videos.

That's what I meant when I was talking about any practice is good practice. I wasn't talking about doing a double lift and bending the card in half every time I do it. My bad for making it sound like that.

Sep 1, 2007
When I'm bored I like to make videos of random ****.

This has what to do with my point?

Yes, you're absolutely right. I did not think I had to do a good job, I didn't expect to be critiqued so heavily, it was meant for fun.

So you're unrealistically optimistic then.

At least you're not sitting.

Which is a bit like saying that reading a cereal box is just as good as reading Alexandre Dumas, because either way you're reading something.

Yeah, the reveal was early.

And yet you have committed nothing.

Bull****? So you're calling me a liar? I did NOT have a space cushion of 50 feet.

Hyperbole, kid. I'm not necessarily calling you a liar, you're just making a bunch of stupid ****ing excuses for something that was totally avoidable and you expect to buy these weak explanations.

Aside from the fact that I did not at any point see the kind of crowd that could have justified asking for more space, here's the secret to managing a crowd at inconvenient angles: "Move over here, you'll get a better view." Behold my genius!

Any practice is good practice.

No it ****ing isn't.

I don't understand what you and Steerpike are talking about when you say I'm not taking criticism, I am completely.

Because you tell us to criticize you, then tell us we're full of **** when we follow through on our half of the agreement.

Aug 31, 2007
Alright guys, unfortunately this thread isn't really leading anywhere but even further downhill. Let's try and keep things positive and productive, shall we?

~ Zach

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Alright guys, unfortunately this thread isn't really leading anywhere but even further downhill. Let's try and keep things positive and productive, shall we?

~Zach

I would also like to add to Zach's post.

Guys,

Profanity (even if it's starred out) is not tolerated here. We require a respectful, professional atmosphere, and our established forum rules should be maintained at all times. This isn't a wrestling match - it's a forum for courteous, civil conduct and intellectual discussion.

- Casey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results